Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alsue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Colorado or South Dakota?
    I plan on filing a small claims against a company that is not returning my refund. It clearly states in their contract that if we fax a letter canceling our order and request a refund, that it will be returned. I did that. I reside in South Dakota. The company is in Colorado. All interaction was done either by phone, fax or email. The work was to be completed in South Dakota--although none of it had been completed at the time the order was canceled. Do I file the small claims in South Dakota? Or in Colorado?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 10:20 AM

As far as I'm aware, you need to file in the county where the transaction took place; that would be in Colorado.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 11:35 AM

I would attempt to file in the court where I was located. They can object if they wish to have it moved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In South Dakota do you have to have your parents consent? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live with my dad and my step-mom. I recently got kicked out of my apartment. I moved out in February, and I lived in an independent living program, called Stepping Stones. Well, I didn't come home one night, and I got kicked out. My dad called me in as a runaway, and my brother found out...

H2b Colorado taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Im an h2b visa worker, I work in the state of Colorado and I would like to know what is the porcentage of taxes that we should have to pay and also I would like to ask, why in the company that I work for, they made us to put in the w2 form that we were single even I was married. Thanks a lot

Repo in Colorado [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a divose I am no longer able to make the payments on my truck. I asked about voulentering to let it repo but they then seid they would put a lien on my house for the diffence. The house is for sale. Can they do this? Thanks

View more questions Search