Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Paid the current month's rent, $1,040
    How do you enter this information in the double entry: paid the current month's rent, $1,040
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 02:42 PM

Debit Rent Expense for the amount
    Credit Cash for the amount

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security and first month's rent [ 1 Answers ]

12/13/2007 tenant paid deposit to hold apartment and paid first month's rent in Alabama. Move in, walk through and lease was set for 01/05/2008. However, tenant got mad because he was not allowed to move in early as the apartment was still being cleaned. However, former tenant was allowed...

Last Month's Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a tenant at will agreement with my landlord where we are supposed to give 30 days notice before moving out. However, my husband accepted a job in Florida(currently in ma) and we only have 2 weeks before we have to leave. 3o days notice is not possible. We have already paid for the...

DC-Tenant never paid first month's rent [ 3 Answers ]

My new tenant signed a lease, paid a security deposit, but never made her fist month's rent. She had some ridiculous excuses, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. It has been a week since the start of her lease. She has not taken possession of the unit. Can I cancel the lease and keep the...

Last Month's Rent/Pre-Paid [ 2 Answers ]

If I paid the first and last month's rent years ago, and the current rent is a lot more, did I not "buy" in advance, an extra month's rent at the price when I signed the rental agreement? So I can considered the last month as paid in full without paying the additional to equal the new rent amount?...

Last month's rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

I recently gave 60 days notice on my lease. I am now at my last month's payment due. I did however have to prepay first and last months rent at the beginning of the lease. My landlord is saying I have to pay the rent at the beginning of the month and he will refund it at the end of the month. I...

View more questions Search