Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandraf46 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Freezing water in plastic bottles
    Is it safe to drink water that has been frozen in recycled water bottles?
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Jan 24, 2009, 05:30 PM

I sure do hope so! Been doing that myself for years. We freeze 20oz bottles of water to use as "ice packs" in an ice chest when we go fishing. When we get thirsty, we drink the what has melted in the bottles. A "two birds with one stone" scenario.

I'm guessing your concern is more about maybe leeching something out of the recycled plastic into the water. Without specific knowledge of this event, my guess is that it would not be a concern. Common sense stuff applies, sterilize the bottle before use and have a good source of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Adhesive From Plastic Bottles [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to re-use plastic bottles, but the label adhesive remains after I try to soak it and remove the label. I have tried hot water, butter, & peanut butter soaks. Any ideas? Thanks, Don

Plastic cap on water stop? [ 3 Answers ]

Water supply line to toilet. The water supply water stop is mfg. by Brass Craft. Instead if a handle to turn in order to shut off the water there is a plastic cap. It can be removed to expose a plastic square about 1/4". I am afraid to break it, as I'm not sure I could stop the water flow. How...

Water plastic bottles in warm weather [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, since there is a danger in plastic bottles seaping chemicals into the liquid in warm weather, are thermos bottles (including the plastic ones) and glass bottles okay to use? In your opinion, are the plastic mugs we buy at Service and Gas Stations for hot drinks safe to use. ...

Smelly plastic water tank [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please help us. We bought a second hand but unused 3200 litre polyethylene water tank and left it standing closed up for a few months. When we took off the lid to climb in and drill the holes for the installation of the fittings, the smell was unbearable. Sort of like dead animals. ...

Breast Cancer and Water Bottles [ 4 Answers ]

Does leaving bottled water in your car give breast cancer?

View more questions Search