Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    englishlou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Get this toner out of my hair
    I did my hightlights myself. I only do the top. The underneath is my natural color. When I did it . It didn't come up all white . Some highlights had a yellow tone. So I went and got a toner with 20% and left it on for about 15 minutes. I think the color was called toe head. But the color is so dull> I want the white or very light blonde back. Is there anything I can put on it to brighten it again. Keep in mind my hair is very dry on top so I am trying to stay away from strong peroxide
    blue eyed devil Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 07:20 AM

20%? Or did you mean 20vol? Either way this was not a true toner you put on your hair, it was another colour, as toners don't contain % or vol, they are designed to leave small deposits of colour within the hair shaft and NOT lift hair colour.
    The reason the highlights went yellow was due to the fact they were underprocessed, or your natural colour was to dark for the strength of product you applied. (you have mid/dark brown hair I'm guessing)
    As your hair seems to be very damaged and dry due to the chemical processes its undergone I would advise against any more colouring and concentrate on getting your hair back into good condition. Then treat yourself to a T-section of foils at the hairdressers, they will be able to gauge the correct colour and strength for your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get this Toner out of my hair [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I wanted to experiment with my hair a little bit and I wanted to see if i would look good as a brunette. my hair was bleached blond and my hair stylist tried toning it down to a little darker blond but it wasn't working. so she kept putting on a layer of toner until she went down a level...

Hair toner [ 3 Answers ]

I have my hair weaved at the hair salon... My roommate stated you have to reply hair toner because it washes out.. I have never heard of this.. is this true.. thank you

Toner for hair [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain hair toner,and it's purpose?Can it be used to remove brassy undertones in dark brown hair?How do you choose the right color?

Toner or no toner? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a full foil done and my hair is way too blonde for me! People say it looks good but every time I look in the mirror I almost cry! Will toner bring the color down a notch or should I wait to see if the color will fade? I really don't want to go back to the original salon because they...

View more questions Search