Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Check valve installation
    I am getting back flow from washing machine into slop sink. Can a check valve be installed horizontially between sink and washing machine.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 02:16 PM

A check valve just hides the problem and also may stop the draining for the washer. The washer drainage is trying vent itself through the slop sink.
    So if there are no clogs in the line and its not vented
    The focus here is to vent the line
    This is a better approach then a check valve and can be used if the code in your area allows it
    Again Check to see if there is venting on that washer discharge line and if you can naturally vent it that would be the best approach. If to hard to vent then hers an option that's better than a check valve
    Air Admittance Valves

Plumb Pak at Lowe's: Studor Mini Vent Air Admittance Valve

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install a check valve [ 3 Answers ]

Our crawl space gets water in it all the time. I think I have determined that what is happening is that water from the ditch where the sump pump drains is backing up the pipe into the sump pump and back into the crawl space. I've dug the ditch deeper, but because of clay we can only go so far. I...

Check valve parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3/4 inch check valve on my hot water heater. It has a threaded top and a small side screw. My question is, do these go bad? What is the small screw for? What is the top access bolt for? I am getting hot water back flow through my cold water pipes. I can't get the top ov the valve off to...

Footvalve and check valve together? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently changed the footvalve in my well and installed a checkvalve directly above it(check valve and footvalve next to each other). Since doing so I'm experiencing a problem with not being able to use more than one faucet at a time. The pump is about 8 or so years old. Is my problem the...

Check Valve Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a waterfall for my pool which is very tall. The pump was installed at the top for some reason and must suck the water out of the pool (approximately 30 feet up). It takes a long time and I'm afraid the pump will burn out. I prefer not to install a bulky check valve at then end of the line...

View more questions Search