Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agiamusso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Security deposit info
    My first year lease, I gave a security deposit of 475,which is equal to 1 months rent. I am signing on for a second year. Can my landlord charge me a 475 security deposit again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 11:37 AM

They still have your original security deposit, ( that was not used for rent or should not have been)

Now if they wish to make the deposit 950 they could ask for additional.

But in general no, there is no additional deposit to renew a lease.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2009, 11:44 AM

If your rent is raised, they can generally ask for an increase in the security to cover the difference, but not for another full month's worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Landloed has not provided a certificate of deposit for security deposit [ 3 Answers ]

I have requested several times,verbally, a receipt for an escrow account for my 2100 dollar security deposit. The landlord has not complied and I feel he has spent the money. I called him on several occasions which finally he picked up the phone. I told him to figure on picking up the rent...

Security Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

My old landlord is one day past his 30 day period for returning the security deposit. Are there any legal actions I can take in Pennsylvania? Thanks!

Can they keep my security deposit/ [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently signed a one year lease for an apt and the day before I took possession of the apt I was laid off. Now th landlord wants to keep my deposit and possible make me pay for the entire year of the lease. Can they do that? Oh! I live in NJ

First, last, and security deposit. [ 1 Answers ]

In New Hampshire... can a landlord ask for first, last, and a security deposit??

Who can sue for a Security Deposit? [ 9 Answers ]

I need assistance in finding out the likelihood of getting a case dismissed where I, a landlord, am being sued by the son of a former tenant for the amount of the security deposit that he gifted to his father, my former tenant. I am wondering if, since I have no contractual relationship with the...

View more questions Search