Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evtdolin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 08:32 PM
    After abdominal hysterectomy
    I had a tah Nov. 7,2008 and went back to work Jan. 12,2009 on Jan. 20,2009 my legs started to swell a little and then again on th 21st off 22nd and have been have some stomach pain, not severe but enough to be bothersome. I am a manager in a fast food restaurant and was told to take frequent breaks, but when I returned to work they also tell me to take it easy, but to save labor. In order to save labor means I cannot sit down. Is this all normal or should I call my doctor?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 01:08 PM

Certainly let your doctor know, but it is not unusual to experience swelling even for sometime after surgery when you are on your feet for long periods. You may be feeling pretty good, but it is often said it can take a good six months, or longer, after a hysterectomy before you are completely back to feeling yourself and able to do all that you did before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex after hysterectomy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy six weeks ago. My husband and I decided to have sex and I started to to bleed. The bleeding didn't last but can you tell me if that's normal.

No orgams after hysterectomy [ 4 Answers ]

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy (kept both ovaries) for multiple uterine fibroids and enlarged uterus. I never had any problems until a few months before the surgery, when I developed pain in the lower right abdomen/ovary, pain during sex, frequent urination and constipation that I know now...

STD's following Hysterectomy [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to still get some or any STD's after having a full hysterectomy? I was pretty sure at the time of the op, that I was told I could not get most of them like Chlamidia, but not sure.

Hysterectomy AND HRT [ 2 Answers ]

How long after having a total hysterectomy does one need to be on hormone replacement therapy?

Hysterectomy and std's [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy, but they left one ovary, I have had this strange pain in my insides which is hard to pinpoint since I have no insides. The pain began after I had sex with my husband and that was 3 months ago. The pain began as a backache then I started getting a foul smell. I recently used...

View more questions Search