Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blodhi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Theft Under $5000 Twice
    Hello, I am very stressed out…….. Please help me…….we live in Brampton (Ontario)….three years ago my wife did some shopping in bay and completely forgot to pay, one of the item of others. In result of Bay called police and charged her with Theft Under $5000. We went to court etc and she got diversion program all settled.

Now again three weeks ago she went to Fortino’s and stole one small $2.50 item and put into her purse and off course security saw on camera and called the police. Once again police charged her with Theft under $5000….my question is what is going to happen next? I do have two small daughters (3 and 5) and my most family live in US and we travel every month, I heard if you get criminal record you might face some challenges while traveling? Can she get away from criminal record?

My wife is very sorry about this and she couldn’t resist the temptation and promised me that she will never do such thing again but what is going to happen next? Will she go to jail?

Thanks,
    Umar
    emery Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2009, 11:22 AM

I don't think she will get diversion this time although the item is small it is the second time which proves she learned nothing from her first time.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2009, 01:29 PM

I doubt if she will get jail time, but she will have a criminal record. This may inhibit traveling.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Jan 23, 2009, 02:07 PM
    I hate to be harsh but it seems as if your wife is a dyed in the wool thief. Her dishonesty (track record) would make me seriously question her "sorrow" and her promise that she'll never do it again. My guess is that she's simply sorry she got caught. I'd say addressing her issues is far more important than other concerns at the moment.
    blodhi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 02:10 PM

I agreed with you, I hope she learnt her lesson but will she go to jail? If not then what happen next? I am very worry about my kids... oh God...
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Jan 23, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Hang in there...
    This too shall pass. I hope it all works out for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under $5000 [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone help me, I was caught stealing from employer and the LP guy caught me. This is my first offense and I'm scared so badly, I'm 18 so I'm considered an adult and I don't know why I did such a stupid thing to jepordize my feature. I really don't know what's going to happened. I'm going to...

Theft under $5000 [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago now I was caught by sears walking out of the store with about 250 dollars worth of goods. I was caught by store security and placed under citizen's arrest and was told I was being charged with theft under $5000. The security officer told me he sent the information to the police...

Theft over $5000.00 ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there. My story goes like this , a former boss took aloan out in my husband name for $8000.00 saying that we purchased an airconditioner and furnace from him He used the banking info for my husband's direct deposit payroll to get the loan linked to our bank account. The cops have been called....

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under 5000 [ 6 Answers ]

I was charged of theft under 5000 from 24 hor store I live in canada on I went to the store I fild the cart With so many in may head I just head to the door I honstly was not thinking with any thing but troubles and problems I have in my life As I was loading the car Security came around...

View more questions Search