Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smilin_always Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2009, 02:43 PM
    All the pregnant. Symptoms but a negative hpt!
    It started with gaining ten pounds within two weeks but no change in the way my clothes fit, then a weird period, very little normal blood, lots of brown. I took many pregnancy tests, the lines came but were grey and VERY light. All digital tests were negative. Went to the clinic and got a negative test. They said 99.9% chance I'm not pregnant. So there was no more worry/excitement to cause continuing symptoms. Now I'm still gaining weight (and quickly losing it), sore breasts and nipples, getting up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous and to use the bathroom, pants need to be loosened, definite change in appetite, etc... but I'm still getting negative hpt's! I am 17 and would rather not talk to my parents/doc until I know for sure, so please don't tell me to go to the doctor to see what's up. Is there anything that can do this to me besides pregnancy? Ps I would be about 6 weeks now.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 02:57 PM

Stop being stubborn and go to the dr's. The only way to find out what is causing these symptoms is to talk with your dr. your dr, by law, can't tell your parents anything anyway. After that many negative pregnancy tests, I feel pretty confident telling you that you can be sure you are not pregnant. How else do you expect to find out if you're pregnant or not for sure without going to the dr's anyway?

Jan 22, 2009, 03:11 PM

Yes it is true they cannot tell my parents but the medical bill sure can

Jan 22, 2009, 03:12 PM
    If they found out not only would they kick me out and disown me... I wouldn't have a place in the world to stay. By waiting a bit I have time to figure this out before being thrown on my .

Jan 22, 2009, 03:13 PM
    I just want to see what people think, if they have been in this position before.. etc.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 03:15 PM

You have 2 options then. Go to planned parenthood or see if you can find a similar clinic. If you talk to them they should be able to help you. If you can't have your insurance cover the visit they should have a program to help you. Or, since it's pretty clear you are not pregnant, tell your parents you're going to the dr because you've been having insomnia or something like that. They'll see the medical bill but they'll have no way of knowing what you discuss with your dr.

Jan 22, 2009, 03:18 PM

Well thank you for the advice. I have already been to planned parenthood.. and it helps that u are sure I'm not pregnant. Sorry to have been rude. Just very stressed about the situation
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2009, 03:20 PM

There are several reasons a home pregnancy test may be negative: you may not be pregnant, or your body may not be making a normal amount of hCG.

If you test too early (before the first day of your missed period), you may get a false negative result because not enough of the hormone has built up in your system.

If the test comes back negative but you still suspect you're pregnant, wait a few days, read the directions carefully, and try again. False positives, when the test says you're pregnant but you're not, are rare.

Jan 22, 2009, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the advice. I should be 6 weeks (if I am pregnant), and took another test two days ago, so that shouldn't be too early. It was, of course negative... I just can't figure out what else could be causing all of these "symptoms."
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2009, 03:45 PM

From what I've found out, if you're not pregnant and experiencing pregnancy symptoms, it's usually a psychological issue. The woman either truly wants to become pregnant or is paranoid/afraid of it.

Sore breasts and nipples, moodiness, headaches and nausea are all symptoms of early pregnancy, but are also signs of PMS. The best indicator of pregnancy is a msised period and, of course, a positive test.

Hope this helps x
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 22, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smilin_always View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I should be 6 weeks (if I am pregnant), and took another test two days ago, so that shouldn't be too early. It was, of course negative... I just can't figure out what else could be causing all of these "symptoms."
    It could be a combination of things, any where from hormonal changes of the body, stress, Thinking too heavely, that you are pregnant can make your body act and prepar for it though there is no baby, you could have got an S.T.D. if you didn't use protection, or you are getting sick, not eating right, Drugs/ Drinking alcohol (it doesn't take much to screw with your body chemistry.) No I'm not implying any thing, but just letting you know the possibilities.

The Dr, is the only for sure way to know, with out waiting the nine months.

Take care in the mean time becareful and take care of yourself.

Peace be with you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:59 AM
    If they found out not only would they kick me out and disown me... I wouldn't have a place in the world to stay. By waiting a bit I have time to figure this out before being thrown on my .

You've posted on another thread that you're engaged and planning a wedding. In fact, you are a proponent of "young" marriage and argued in favor of "young" marriage. Would your parents really be that shocked or surprised and not support you in light of your pending wedding? Maybe you aren't giving them enough credit here.

I agree - you need a pregnancy test and if you are not pregnant you either need to take more precautions or other precautions if this truly will be the reaction of your parents and you have nowhere else to go.
    Oakley_Kayla Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:03 PM

I know that your body will trick you into thinking that your pregnant. Trust me I know!! If you keep stressing over it than your body thinks that you are. That's happened to me so many times!! I have all the symptoms and than a negative... so my advise is to just relax and take it one day at a time...
    But if you still haven't started in another two or three weeks than go to the docs... maybe its something else. You never know

Jan 23, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You've posted on another thread that you're engaged and planning a wedding. In fact, you are a proponent of "young" marriage and argued in favor of "young" marriage. Would your parents really be that shocked or surprised and not support you in light of your pending wedding? Maybe you aren't giving them enough credit here.

I agree - you need a pregnancy test and if you are not pregnant you either need to take more precautions or other precautions if this truly will be the reaction of your parents and you have nowhere else to go.
    I know that they are both in my name.. the wedding posts were my own, while I had a friend who was worried about being pregnant and I did not know what to tell her anymore. You all gave her the advice she needs, and I thank you very much for that :) but the worry wasn't about me. Notice that in the pregnancy posts, the girl in worry is 17 years old, while in the wedding posts, (my own) the girl was 18 years old. Sorry if that was misleading.. she didn't want any ties to her own email because her parents really do strange things and would search for her email address on the net. So I graciously offered to lend her my user ID. My parents in fact, are very happy for my fiancé and myself, and would not be upset in the least if I were to become pregnant. I actually had a scare of my own and was disappointed to find that I was not pregnant. Not that I am ready, but I would have made the best of it, and would have cherished being a mother-to-be, and then a mother :)

Jan 23, 2009, 06:03 PM
    I know that they are both in my name.. the wedding posts were my own, while i had a friend who was worried about being pregnant and I did not know what to tell her anymore. you all gave her the advice she needs, and I thank you very much for that :) but the worry wasn't about me. notice that in the pregnancy posts, the girl in worry is 17 years old, while in the wedding posts, (my own) the girl was 18 years old. Sorry if that was misleading.. she didn't want any ties to her own email because her parents really do strange things and would search for her email address on the net. So I graciously offered to lend her my user ID. My parents in fact, are very happy for my fiance and myself, and would not be upset in the least if I were to become pregnant. I actually had a scare of my own and was disappointed to find that I was not pregnant. Not that I am ready, but I would have made the best of it, and would have cherished being a mother-to-be, and then a mother :)
    I would also like to add that I am grateful for you concern, and again, thank you, and all the other "posters" who shared their experiences and advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 weeks late negative pregnant. Test no symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone My last period was the first week of December. I have yet to start my period I am about 3 weeks late. I took a pregnancy test last week but it came out negative. The only symptoms I have are very bad headaches, fatigue and very moody. Is there a chance I am pregnant? I am usually...

Missed period, some pregnant symptoms, 3 negative hpt's [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody I'm new to this so this is my story/question. I am 24 years old I have a 5 year old boy, I have not used any form of contraceptive with my husband but the "pull out method" but I have not gotten pregnant yet. He was here for about 3 weeks because he travels for his work and he was...

2 weeks late negative pregnant. Test [ 2 Answers ]

My period is a little over 2 weeks late yet I have taken 2 hpt and they both have come up negative. I don't feel different I'm not stressed and I wanta kid but my body is throwing me all these mixed up signals what should I do

Negative pregnant test [ 5 Answers ]

I am officially a month or so late took a pg test it came back negative than took another one a couple of days later!! Could I still be pregnant or what?

View more questions Search