Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ande57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Foster Care Adoption
    My daughters rights are going to be terminated. I as a grandparent live in another state. I tried to get the court to place them with me. That was unsuccessful because of living in another state. The children have been with a half cousin of my daughters. The have been with them since April. Do I have any rights to try during the termination hearing to gain custody of my grandchildren.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 08:20 AM

I would ask a lawyer who specializes in family law in the state where the children are.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Synnen is, a lawyer would be able to point you in the right direction.
    In any of the situations I have been in, it took the seeking guardian to move where the children were living. That was when the children were already in school and they were 7 and 10. GOOD LUCK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old female. I live in gettysburg Pennsylvania and I have a son. I am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. Every situation that I try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be separated from my son. I was wondering if I got married if I would be considered...

How can I get foster care of my nephew ? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get foster care of my nephew? His is in Brasil right know, my brother Died and his momy left him and moved to another city. My mother takes care of him and his sister but I would like to bring him to live with me. What step should My husnband and I take to bring him to live with us.

When children are taken into foster care [ 20 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why children would be taken away under the following circumstances?. The mother is said to have a 'drinking' problem and is known by the social services and the police. Apparently the baby about 8 months old, was found by the baby sitter to have a burn on her cheek that...

Get relative out of foster care [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the...

View more questions Search