Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jan 22, 2009, 02:07 AM
    Photo slideshow & video - Burning to same DVD
    Hi to all PC Experts,

I have Nero 8 Ultra, 9 and Ashampoo Burning Studio 8.

I would like to be able to transfer photos and some of my video clips to one DVD-RW disk and then possibly on to DVD-R disc for viewing on a TV.

I feel sure this can be done and on Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 it appears to be a simple process.

However whenever I try to do this on Ashampoo, although the transitions are done, even though it takes over 2 hours, I get several error messages telling me it cannot burn to DVD-RW. There is plenty of room on the DVD disk.

Does this mean I cannot burn these files to DVD-RW and that I must use a DVD-R. My DVD Hardware supports both plus & minus DVDs.

Neither can I find a way of burning these files via Nero.

Can anyone offer some advice about this please, together, if possible, with some links. I have searched the Internet and although I am sure there is plenty about this, I cannot seen to find a definitive answer about how to do this.

The programs I already have are expensive enough to buy and I don't want the expense of buying others in order to do this.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Poseidon
    jWindz Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Sorry for late.

To use your DVD burning software, you should first make slideshow video from your photos, and then burn your output video to DVD-RW. And some photo slideshow software allow you make slideshow out of your pictures and directly burn onto DVD without other program required. Wondershare Movie Story is one of them. I've used it to turn my travel photos on TV.

As to your case, I think you can make slideshow movie with Windows Movie Maker, which comes with Windows XP, please check here. C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe

After making movie, publish the movie through File/Save movie to computer

Finally burn the saved video onto DVD with your DVD burning software.

Hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a picture off a slideshow? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I recently got a dvd slideshow from my friend and I want one of the pictures that are on it. Is there any way I can copy and/or save the picture off the dvd slideshow?

Problems with CD Photo Burning [ 2 Answers ]

This is my second request for an answer. Please reply. When I try to burn photos to a CD, only half the image is copied and the rest is tinged in green. I recently upgraded to Vista. Is that the problem? Your answers are appreciated.

IT, video/photo editing freelance [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has just sold his IT company. He is still doing a little bit of IT work, but would mainly like to do editing for anyone or anything (whether it be private or business). He is self employed & would really like this business to pick up so that he will not have to seek a job & be...

"no video codec" error, VCD burning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I was trying to burn an "avi" video to VCD.. when I hit the burn button it was trying to convert the "avi" file to "mpeg".. and then it gave me an error saying "no video codec"... Is there a way to fix this? I'd really want to get this done to watch on VCD.. it's a boxing video for my...

Nero slideshow [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am using Nero Ultra v.6 VisionXpress making a slideshow . When menu is made and titles are put in ,during preview buttons activate + play the corresponding title. BUT when burned to disc and played back in dvd player (hi-end Panasonic )only Menu plays but buttons are not reponding. Any...

View more questions Search