Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manoj6694 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Retained earnings
    Which of the following statements regarding net income transferred to retained earnings is correct?and why

Net income = net income transferred to retained earnings - dividends
    Net income transferred to retain earnings = net income + dividends
    Net income = net income transferred to retain earnings + dividends
    Net income transferred to retain earnings - net income = dividends
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 07:07 PM

Retained Earnings is a Balance Sheet account.

Net income is the difference of Revenues & Expenses from the Income Statement and is transferred into the Retained Earnings Account less any dividends paid to shareholders.
    muslimrao Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Why u deleted my post??
    muslimrao Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2009, 04:06 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone confirm that's the correct definition of R.E. I thought R.E. is net not pay out dividend but my professor has in his note as "Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends"

Calculating net earnings and preparing statement of retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

I just started my introduction to accounting class in university and I am a little stuck on this question because we didn't really go over this is class... please help! Here is the information given: Sea Surf Campground is a public camping ground in Ocean National Park. It has the following...

Earnings per share and retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused on how to calculate the earnings per share and the common dividend per share as well as figure out what the increased retained earnings for the year. The problem states that the company had an operating profit of $210,000. Interest expense for the year was $30,000; preferred...

Retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of the year, retained earnings totaled $1,700. During the year, net income was $250 and dividends of $120 were declared and paid. Retained earnings at the beginning of the year totaled?

Retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

Bears Corporation had the following accounts and balances in its general ledger at December 31 ,20X9 Cash $45,000 Accounts Payable $80,000 Property,Plant& Equipment ...

View more questions Search