Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chalmers58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
    How to Bleed a 25 yr old Beckett Oil Burner
    Hi, I ran out of home heating oil. I added back 10 galllons to get me through the night till a morning delivery. How do I bleed the air out of the line so the Beckett Burner will fire? Thanks you.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 09:54 PM

Locate the inline filter,should be a bleeder screw on top of it,loosen the screw until you see fuel. Some models also have a bleeder port where the fuel line enters the furnace.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Also,since you ran the tank empty,I would recommend replacing the filter,who knows what you have pulled out of the bottom of the tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett AFG Oil Burner [ 9 Answers ]

Before I call a repair man would anyone here have an answer to why my oil burner will not kick on? Because of the cost of oil and the summer months offering some relief from the expense I decided to switch off the emergency switch so my expense on heating the hot water would be limited. For 2 days...

Beckett Model AFG Oil Burner Very Loud + some More! [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Reader from Ask Me: I have a Oil Heating system almost 10 year old with a Beckett Oil Burner. It has been very loud from the day One. RWB -Beckett Model AFG . I am wondering if a new Burner would be any quiter? Another problem I have is it starts works for a while stops and all of...

Priming a beckett oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

How do you Prime a beckett oil burner?

Beckett oil burner-forced hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace doesn't start up when the temperature drops. It restarts when Iuse the reset button. What do you think the problem is?

Beckett Oil Burner AFG [ 8 Answers ]

The Beckett AFG caused some trouble this year when my grandchildren accidentally turned off the EMERGENCY OIL Burner switch at the top of the stair case.. For some reason it caused water to spray out flooding the floor. I'd like to know how this could be prevented? I was told by the repair man the...

View more questions Search