Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxitsme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 06:29 PM
    We're on a break but I don't want to. I don't know weather to break up with him or not.
    So we've been going out for 2 months, and he cheated on me once a while ago because he's been having alcohol problems and became so drunk that he doesn't remember any of the night. But they only made out because I have many many sources. And he was so sorry he cried and everything and had a huge melt down. But worst part his good friend (a girl) is trying to hook him up with the girl he cheated on me with. Now I have a big heart and gave him another chance because I really like the guy. All of my friends are pissed though and already like ed with his car and say mean things to him and , so the guilt will never leave him. Just recently my friends have been telling me to break up with him because he's been acting kind of weird so I told them I'd talk to him. So I talked to him and he noticed he was changing and he said he thinks it's the drinking and stuff and that he wants to try and fix things between us. So we both decided on a break to collect our thoughts and . But our third month anniversary is coming up during our "break" and he was like I still want to take you out to dinner for our "third month" and I don't know what to do... I really like the guy :(
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 06:59 PM

Don't! This guy has issues that he needs to deal with and work on. Having an addiction to alcohol is bad and can be dangerous and there is help out there but he has to want the help.

Another issue is his cheating. Don't make excuses for him by blaming the alcohol. Nobody made him drink or pour the alcohol down his throat. He did it and made a bad judgement call while he was voluntarily drunk.

His friends have no respect for you and it up to him to correct that.

There are too red flags that shows why you shouldn't be with him so don't worry about an anniversary. Try to get pass him and leave alone to sort up out his priories. Don't you think you deserve better?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 07:01 PM

I wanted to add that while your on a break you don't owe him anything. This includes talking or hanging out because it only confuses things. A break is a break but I won't make this break be permanent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 07:29 PM

If you have all these issues, and problems, after only two months, forget trying to make it 3.

I agree with Liz, to many red flags here, and his drinking is a big problem that promises to get worse. Unless he addresses it in an effective way, it will ruin him, and you. Its no excuse for bad behavior.

How old are you both anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so confuesed. Break? Does that mean break up? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided to text me and tell me we needed a break. He promised me we would get back together. He said he keeps thinking about the past and stupid stuff. He said I was his everything and that we would be back together real soon. His ex has kept bothering him.. and now we talk but I...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Break up and taking a break [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked for a break because he's been too busy. Its been a week and I'm not sure whether were on a break or completely done. The last he told me was that we weren't completely done. But how do I know if we're still on a break or if its over?

View more questions Search