Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trooper140 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Fuel injection on 1994 izusu trooper
    Hello thank you I put a new engine in my izusu trooper the one I took out had a bad knock but it run put the new one in will only run when I squirt gas into intake checked fuel pressure looked good wondering if injecters are getting pulse or what they need to inject fuel and how to check them would hate to take to machanic shop please help my 1 time with askme
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 09:48 PM

Make certain that all the connectors are on an tight.
    The fuel injectors need both power and ground. Check that when you installed the replacement engine that all the ground are connected, clean and tight.
    The best method to test the injector harness is with a special tool called a noid light connected at each injector connector.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 09:14 AM

Like CaptainRich suggested, make sure everything is plugged back in. Also check all your fuses to be safe; one may have blown when you reconnected everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White smoke will it come from fuel injection [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a honda civic with 100,000 miles on it, I noticed yesterday the car gave me a white smoke just when I started it, I know that is not good sign, this morning when I started it no white smoke coming out but I takes me couple times usually to start the car The fuel seem is not clean...

Fuel Injection problems [ 2 Answers ]

CaptainRich- It's a 1999 Dodge Ram1500 pickup V8 5.2 liter. It was bogging down all of sudden and would not shift gears it appeared. In the driveway, I floored it and it shut down. It started the next morning idling fine but still no power - would not get over 15 mph. Plugged in an OBDII and...

Fuel Injection problems [ 6 Answers ]

Can I spay starter spray into a fuel injected carb to get a vehicle started, like we used to do with the old 4 barrels?

94 Regal fuel injection problem [ 3 Answers ]

94 Buick Regal, 3.8. It will be the death of me I am sure. First off, I am an experienced, knowledgeable mechanic, been fixing cars for 30 years, so I will understand any input here. List of things I have replaced.. Cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel pump, (fuel pressure is good), ignition module,...

View more questions Search