Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Email duplicated ?
    Well, not really a novice but almost...

Very confusing situation... an hour ago I had 14 unread emails, when I came back now, I had 462 unread emails. For some reason almost all my emails in my inbox were duplicated, the unread and the read emails. I checked them all and even the 14 unread were also doubled? But every single one was not copied, only about 90% and for only the last couple weeks. Before that they were not copied.

I just had Outlook 2007 installed on my new computer about three and a half weeks ago, this is the first time that this has happened since then. My other computer crashed and a computer guy from "Friendly Computers" was able to save everything; contacts, old emails, programs, games, etc and transfer them to this computer. The old Outlook was deleted and that is when Outlook 2007 was installed.

Now what is strange is, about two weeks before my old computer crashed I had the same problem, it started to duplicate my emails in the same manner.

When the emails arrive they do not arrive as duplicates, it seems to just happen all at once like tonight.

Another thing, I have 93% free space now and I am getting a pop up window that told me that there is not enough space to run "spell check?" When I rebooted it was then OK?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Stringer :confused:
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 19, 2009, 08:05 AM

Check your "Sent" box.. are these messages getting sent out to yourself? Where are they coming from? Have you run a virus scan?

Check your mail online (not through outlook) for a few days. Don't start outlook... does the duplication still happen?
    Business Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    check your "Sent" box.. are these messages getting sent out to yourself? where are they coming from? Have you run a virus scan?

check your mail online (not through outlook) for a few days. DONT start outlook... does the duplication still happen?
    HI StaticFX,

I checked my "sent box", no, there is nothing there that shows that it was sending them out. I ran everything that I have, CCcleaner and ESET Smart Security neither showed anything. I am not an expert but I was told this morning by a friend that they could be being sent from my server?? No idea what that means...

My concern also is; the coping of the emails, spell check problem saying no space... does this indicate another problem beyond these factors?

Thanks for responding,

Stringer

Jan 19, 2009, 09:04 AM

Check you Online Email (Most, if not all ISP offer a webmail service so you can check when not at home)

Don't use Outlook for a few days.. so what happens.

- also, for fun, go into the properties for your email account
    - look for the advanced section. Make sure the "Leave copy on server" is NOT checked.

And get Malwarebytes.org run it.. see if comes up with anything
    Business Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Check you Online Email (Most, if not all ISP offer a webmail service so you can check when not at home)

Dont use Outlook for a few days.. so what happens.

- also, for fun, go into the properties for your email account
    - look for the advanced section. Make sure the "Leave copy on server" is NOT checked.

and get Malwarebytes.org run it.. see if comes up with anything
    There isn't an "Leave copy on server" area in my email properties section...

Jan 19, 2009, 10:35 AM

In your Accounts

Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or Change...
    Select the acct > CLick change
    Click More Settings > I think its in there..?
    No?
    Business Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 10:42 AM
    In your Accounts

Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or Change....
    Select the acct > CLick change
    Click More Settings > i think its in there.....??
    no?
    "Make sure the "Leave copy on server" is NOT checked." -Static

Found it and I unchecked it, I'll wait to see if it duplicates again.

Thank you,

Stringer
    Business Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 09:17 PM

Just a follow up... that fixed my problem, thank you very much.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Comcast email server losing email [ 2 Answers ]

My comcast account won't let any email through to me except those I send to myself and those comcast sends to me to test the address. I use their website to retrieve email and do not use outlook. They have not been helpful in solving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can...

The best email like The Bat! [ 4 Answers ]

Anybody help me find an email client as good as The Bat! I am using The Bat! Email client for years. I love its features, but now a days many of my email reciepient blocks my email because of possible spam from The Bat email client. I still fond of using it. So to cover all of my email...

View more questions Search