Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raj1111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 12:09 PM
    RN degree is useful for H1
    Hi

I am international student in us. I want to know associate degree in nursing(RN) is useful to convert my F1 visa to H1.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 10:41 PM

Any area of study is useful if you can find employer in the same area who is willing to sponsor you.
    G44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:12 AM

No at this time. H1-B for nurses are restricted to postions that meets all the following requirements:
    Must have a BS
    The nurse position must require a BS in nursing.
    Usually, these job positions are in the administrative area for which work experience of at least 2 years is required.
    Also, most of the hospitals are reluctant to sponsor H1-B visas for foreign nurse, even if they are educated in the USA.
    In my reaserch on the topic, I found that less than 20 foreign nurses (nationwide) were hired as H1-B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can indian master degree eligible to apply for H1 master degree quota? [ 4 Answers ]

HI I have a master degree(2 year) in computer science engineering from an Indian university. Would I be able to apply for H1 visa under h1 master degree quota?? Or would I be able to apply under both general and master degree quota? Help me out guys.. Thanks,

Which Degree [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating soon and was wondering what college degree to get that will enable you to have a job with at least 60,000 to 80,000 dollars a year. Maybe in the Technical or Engineering field? I wanted to get a Bachelors degree then a masters later on but you probably have to go 8 years if...

AA degree [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to receive a AA degree through correspondance classes only? Is there a possible way to get an AA degree more quick than 2 years?

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

What do I do with my degree? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Thank you for including me in your forum. I have been battling for the past year to get a job that corresponds with my degree. I have a bachelor of Social Sciences degree and majored in Psychology and Sociology. I have applyied to so many jobs but every single one of them requires...

View more questions Search