Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheri scott Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 11:43 AM
    WHo can levy my social security disabily benefits I was made to sign a paper
    Who can levy my social security disabilaty? I was told I had to sign a paper to pay money back to the Ramsey CO. WELFARE office in order for me to receive benefits. I have worked my whole life and I needed some help I don't think this is Fare. HELP!:(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 12:50 PM

Contact the folks at Social Security Disability and ask them this question. If possible go in person to their offices and ask this question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2009, 01:20 PM

Some government agencies can attach your SS benefits. If you received benefits from a social services agency and were in a position to pay them back, then they can require that you pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security benefits exempt from levy, garnishment [ 25 Answers ]

For your information about Social Security Benfits Safe from Garnishment Federal law makes Social Security benifits exempt from levy, garnishment, and assignment- 42 USC 407(a) states. "In general the right of any future payments under this sub chapter SHALL NOT be Transferable or...

Early Social security benefits [ 5 Answers ]

I am a baby boomer and eligible for early retirement in 18 months.Is it beneficial for me to do this and still keep a full time job or wait till 66? It looks like I would be able to keep very little of ssi!! Is there any way to collect and invest so they do not get it all back? Ben Benson

IRS Levy On My Social Security benefits. [ 3 Answers ]

The IRS is currently deducting 15% of my Social Security Disability payments each month. This is for taxes not paid on early withdrawl on 401K funds in a previous year. I am living on this check and is my sole source of income. My wife recently began receiving here benefits upon reaching the age...

View more questions Search