Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QFFlyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
    What is wrong with me?
    Hey folks,
    Found this site by accident, seems like an appropriate place for me to ask some questions.

My main problem is that I have been jobless for a year now. I have two Masters degrees and some work experience. I graduated with a great score in February 08, and simply can't find a job. I have literally applied to a thousand places and have been rejected a thousand times. My email inbox is full of rejected job applications. I feel so lonely and depressed every time I see my email, and feel like I am just wasting my life. The thought of suicide has crossed my mind, but I won't do it, as I will just hurt my wonderful parents.

Also, last month I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years. Found out she was not interested in me, just my stuff (and my car). What a lousy sucker I am, having confided everything in her, and to let her walk all over me. .

I get the feeling something must be wrong with me. I mean even the kid next door has a freaking job (even though he may be flipping burgers) - at this point I am ready to do anything, but damn, even that option seems to be running out. I was told I am too qualified to get a job at McDonald's :(

I have reached a point where I don't know what to do. I am really out of options, this world sucks. . /rant over
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QFFlyer View Post
    Hey folks,
    Found this site by accident, seems like an appropriate place for me to ask some questions.

My main problem is that I have been jobless for a year now. I have two Masters degrees and some work experience. I graduated with a great score in February 08, and simply can't find a job. I have literally applied to a thousand places and have been rejected a thousand times. My email inbox is full of rejected job applications. I feel so lonely and depressed everytime I see my email, and feel like I am just wasting my life. The thought of suicide has crossed my mind, but I won't do it, as I will just hurt my wonderful parents.

Also, last month I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years. Found out she was not interested in me, just my stuff (and my car). What a lousy sucker I am, having confided everything in her, and to let her walk all over me. .

I get the feeling something must be wrong with me. I mean even the kid next door has a freaking job (even though he may be flipping burgers) - at this point I am ready to do anything, but damn, even that option seems to be running out. I was told I am too qualified to get a job at McDonald's :(

I have reached a point where I don't know what to do. I am really out of options, this world sucks. . /rant over
    Hi, QFFlyer!

You mention the email thing. Since graduating, have you applied for jobs where you mail in your cover letter and resume or maybe just bring them personally in? I know it really should go without asking that since you have very advanced degrees. However, I'd really appreciate knowing how hard you've tried to get work that might involve the degrees that you have.

What subjects are your degrees in? Also, what sort of work experience do you already have, please?

Thanks!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:29 AM

Q, You must make use of any of your parent's or other relatives friends and acquaintances in order to get a lead and an "in" to a job. We are in hard times now, thanks to Bush's reckless administration, so creative thinking is needed.

Go out and get a part time job at Wal*mart. You got to do something. YOu have to get up in the morning and leave your house or you'll go nuts. Also, get a volunteer job, there are lots around... great experience. YOu have to build a life, and it will be fun to do so.

Best wishes to you, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Where did I go wrong [ 4 Answers ]

So I was dating this guy for almost a month and at the beginning we hit it off something fierce,we just clicked it was amazing and soon after we became very comfortable with each other. Anyway we got along for about a week and a half then all of a sudden he started being very distant and pushing me...

Oh my god,am I wrong [ 3 Answers ]

I fall in love to a coworker that already have boyfriend.initially I think we can be just friend but after our relation grow and we become closer I feel I fall in love with her.I really cannot control myself and told her about my feel.she said she feel that from early.of because I receive the...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search