Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fpnovice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Fireplace not turning on, but pilot is on
    Hi, I have a lennox gas based fire place, the pilot is staying on but when I switch the unit on from the wall switch, it does not turn on. Any idea how to fix it ? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 05:45 PM
    It could be the fireplace gas safety device or the milivolt generator if so equipped.
    fpnovice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    It could be the fireplace gas safety device or the milivolt generator if so equiped.
    Thanks hvac1000,

Where would I look for the safety device and the millivolt generator and how do I check if they are working as expected. Sorry, I have no clue about the internals of the fireplace.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Sorry, I have no clue about the internals of the fireplace.

If you have no clue to the innerworking of the fireplace I suggest you call someone that does. Electrical measurements will need to be taken as well general knowledge of the proper operation of the equipment will be necessary including work with the gas that is supplied for pilot use and burning. The fireplace is no where you want to start learning the HVAC trade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light goes out on gas fireplace about every 10 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Our pilot light keeps going out on our gas fireplace. It lights fine and we have a full tank of gas. It was working fine and then it started to do this. It could be dirty. How would I clean it. We have had very low tempetures in the past few days. It has never done this in the past. O'Neilmom

Fireplace pilot goes out after 15 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old firplace that starts fine with the pilot but goes out after 15 or so minutes... as soon as it gets hot. I went on line and most of the advice was the same... to change the thermopile. I changed this and have the same problem. Now sometimes the burner won't turn on the same as...

Gas Fireplace pilot is out [ 2 Answers ]

My gas fireplace was working fine and then it turned off and the pilot is out. We don't know what happened or how to get it started again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I can't find the paperwork that came with unit at this time. Unit runs on natural gas which runs under our...

Pilot light on gas fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot light on my gas fireplace is too high I think. How do you adjust the pilot light?

View more questions Search