Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    introuble09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
    Possible Felony Charge?
    OK, I was drinking with some friends and we went mudd ridin in our trucks. We met up at our high school football field and one of them dared me to go do doughnuts on it. Well I did and I tore it completely up. The cops came to my house later that night, they did not give me a DUI or arrest me and still have not. I found out that I tore up the fields sprikler system. Is there possible felony charges or does anyone know anything about this. I can not find any posts about this topic, can someone help me?
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jan 14, 2009, 02:27 AM

As an ex-police officer I can tell you that the likely charge would be destruction of property (and perhaps others), and the general tendency is that the amount of the damage determines if it is a felony or not. The cut-off amount in such cases would be about $500 and I expect that the damage you describe would cost more than that to replace and repair.

Of course they have to decide to charge you in the first place, and that may not happen. I investigated one case where damages to school property were involved and the principal decided not to prosecute because the kid (who had a job) agreed to pay for repairs to the damage he caused.

Hope it works out and I hope you learned something.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 06:09 AM
    Hello in:

JimGunther gave you some great advice...

Since they HAVEN'T charged you yet, I'd get me a lawyer who'll make some arrangements like Jim suggested, and maybe YOU won't be charged either...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony Charge [ 5 Answers ]

My son (22 years old) just got a felony violation. He has never been in trouble before and the violation was for having brass knuckles in his vehicle. For some reason California looks at this the same as if he would have had a sawed off shotgun in his vehicle. How serious is this charge? Could he...

Felony Charge [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get info on hispanic male for a felony charge in 2001

Felony charge second time [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering something. Say that you get convicted for felony theft and you are serving your punishment , say probation or house arrest. Then something from your past comes up and you get charged with another felony theft charge. But this second offense was committed three years ago....

2nd time felony charge [ 3 Answers ]

Hey my fiancé had caught a charge back in 98' for scat sale and armed criminal action he served 3yrs and was on probation for 2yrs. Now 6yrs later he was caught driving with a concealed weapon and a possession charge. What are we up against court is set for nov 5th can you give me the maxium...

Felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé has a felony charge and was convicted in march of 2001 for aggrivated DUI. I would like for him to come and visit me in canada for a week or two . Are there certain restrictions againt him coming into Canada? If so, is there a certain process that he would have to go through before doing...

View more questions Search