Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arizonajoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Occasional Humming noise above my first floor condo
    From time to time There is a humming noise that happens up in the ceiling. I shut the furnace off to see if the noise would stop and it hasnot. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Do you think it is an HOA issue?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Is there a separate dwelling above you? If the noise is bothersome AND you are on good terms with your neighbor, invite them down to hear it and ask them to have it checked out. Otherwise, you may have to resort to bringing the issue up with the condo association.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 03:59 PM

You live there,, what's in the attic,, is heating system up there?, any plumbing? Rats with rabies? Snakes? I would be looking into it ,so you might nip-it in the bud before possible damage could occur,, is there a attic vent fan up there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise [ 1 Answers ]

I hear a humming noise coming from my attic. It does not seem connected to the AC unit or Water Heater. The noise comes and goes often without any specific pattern

Humming pipe Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My water pipes will give a loud humming noise every when shower and toilet flushes please help ? How could I stop this...

Humming noise [ 3 Answers ]

A humming noise from a light fixture--when turned on-means what? No dimmer Non-fluoresecent Just a question :D

CPU Noise - Humming [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 651-M motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard) which has the SiS651 Northridge and SiS962L Southbridge Chipsets. My system is running Win XP Home with 2 GB of RAM and 80 GB Hard drive. I am experienceing a loud humming noise coming from the Computer. This happens every time that I use the...

View more questions Search