Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bornwinner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
    US visa norms regarding taking your wife
    Hello to all!
    I want to know that if an indian citizen working in USA and holding green card in usa, can he take his newly wed wife(indian citizen) along with him to USA from India? Let me know in this regard.

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwinner View Post
    Hello to all!!
    I want to know that if an indian citizen working in USA and holding green card in usa, can he take his newly wed wife(indian citizen) along with him to USA from India? let me know in this regard.

thanks
    She needs a proper visa... here's the instructions on how to petition her spouse visa: How Do I Bring My Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States?

Since you are an LPR, the process may take up to 7-8 years for India, so it's recommended that you wait until you are naturalized. As a US citizen, petitioning your alien spouse may take about 12-16 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

Can my wife apply for a visa different from the Dependent visa she got? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm French, I married a girl from west Africa and I brought her to the UK.We have been together for 2years. But now I can't support her anymore. She aborted twice; she refused to give me a child because she said she is not ready. She's always insulting me comparing her exes to me.I stop the...

I am on H1 visa my wife on H4 visa. Which form to fill? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1 visa and my wife is on H4 visa. I don't know which tax form to fill? Is it 1040NR EZ or 1040NR? Can I cliam tax exemption for my wife? Sathya

Norms of morality [ 1 Answers ]

What is norms of morality?? :confused:

View more questions Search