Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janbee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Nerves not connecting
    I have been referrd to an ophthalmic neurologist. For some years I have had balance problems. Over the years I have got probs with my speech. My vocal chords do not work properly . Half of my throat is paralised. I get confused badly. On the computer I find I see the keys I want but I press the wrong ones. Same with the cooker I put on the wrong rings! After a visit to opticians it was found my eye movement is not working properly also some mornings I cannot open my eyelids! I do not have full vision out of left side of my eyes. I get bad shooting pains in my head. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks :confused:
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 10:57 AM

I had to smile to myself when you said that your eyelids don't open... in my old age, when I wake up, sometimes I have to open an eye with my fingers! :)

I guess a stroke was ruled out?

Anyway, it sounds to me like you may have some inner ear problems, but I think you have magnified your problems due to your fear to include shooting pains in your head... that symptom could be some kind of headache from stress and unhappiness.

Whatever is the result of your visit to the neurologist, I wish you the best possible outcome so these symptoms can be alleviated, my friend. :)

Best wishes,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying but.nerves [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have recently decided that we are going to start trying in a couple of months. And we are both really looking forward to it. And yet at the same time I'm a ball of nerves. It will be my first but he's done this before. Which can be handy so I have a steady rock somewhere. But any...

I need calm nerves! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm going on a casting call tommarrow for a raymour & flannigan commercial but, I'm EXTREMELY nervous. PLEASE help me calm my nerves! I'm great with everything like knowing my lines, but once I get in front of everyone, I forget. HELP?

How do the nerves work? [ 2 Answers ]

Not the entire system ,but how do central and peripheral work together?

Nerves of Mush [ 1 Answers ]

It happen to me again! We have a weekly meeting with our customers and I freeze up. My presentation is at the end so I have to wait to give my updates. What is happening is my nerves get to a point where my thoughts and speech go to mush. I believe this is effecting the way my customers react...

View more questions Search