Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaredd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Tracking sales for a nightclub business
    I have a new nightclub and use Quickbooks to track my financials. I use an older POS system for my nightly cash sales. A couple of friends with other nightclub businesses told me that they use their weekly bank deposits to track their net cash sales/profits for the week (cash sales - cash expenses = depostis/cash profits for the week). Is this legal?

The reason I ask is because my POS system is old and I cannot seem to print sales reports with it. Also, on occasion a few employees have not used the POS system when it is very busy and simply put the cash in the POS register.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 07:26 PM

As long as your taxes are done legitimately, there's nothing illegal about the way you track your cash.
    jaredd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    As long as your taxes are done legitimately, there's nothing illegal about the way you track your cash.
    Would this not be improper recording since I could simply take cash out of my register and deposit less at the bank, thereby showing reduce profits and reducing less taxes to be paid. Also, if I were ever audited would this be OK given that I have no proof of sales?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business to business sales intro letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Can any one pass me on sample business Introduction letter, if you have any? Ideally education based but all intro letters welcome Your help is gratefully appreciated! Many thanks kevynn

Journal entry of sales tax with a service business [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, we have a small engine repair business. On the receipts there is the labor which I know is not taxable. Also there are parts we use to fix the engines that we city tax the customers for. I've been making my journal entries like this: Cash -debit, service revenue - credit, sales (these are the...

I want to file suit against nightclub! [ 13 Answers ]

I've been going to this night club for 4 years now and never had a problem till now, they have a new security person who seems to have something against me,every time I go he has something to say to me ONLY me! And this past weekend me and 4 friends were on top of chairs watching the live show at...

Online sales tracking [ 1 Answers ]

I own a website that does e-commerce. On my site, I allow other websites to place banner adds. If someone leaves my site and hops onto another site and then purchases merchandise (as the result of first visiting my site), how can I track the sales for my commission portion? I thought there was a...

How to start a sales business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my names paul. I'm new to his so please be patiant and for give my spelling. I was wandering if any one could tell me where to start when it comes to starting a sales business. I would like to open my own convenance store but I don't no where to start.I ask that you please help me.:o

View more questions Search