Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxlullabyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Discharge and vaginal itchiness
    Hi,
    I'm 17 years old and for around 2 days now I have been getting lots of white thick discharge (more than usual) which dries light yellow. It has a sour kind of odour to it. This few days the entrance and inside of my vagina has also been very itchy. What is wrong?
    Xx
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 11:31 AM

Sounds like a yeast infection, but hard to diagnose and we don't usually do that here for obvious reasons. Just go to your doctor, or a walk in clinic and get checked out if you want to be positively sure.
    solar1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 11:33 AM

Possibly a yeast infection. Google it and get some monistat.
    sweetgal21 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxlullabyxx View Post
    hi,
    im 17 years old and for around 2 days now i have been getting lots of white thick discharge (more than usual) which dries light yellow. it has a sour kind of odour to it. this few days the entrance and inside of my vagina has also been very itchy. what is wrong?
    xx
    Hi Lullaby, I have the same thing mine started around about the same age to I went to the doctor and he said it is thrush, a lot of women get that it is caused by a infection in the urine. Cranberry juice help, also the doctor will tell you to drink plenty of water. The doctor will give you a course of antibiotics which you have to finish then it will go away but don't leave it to long I did and trust me it gets worser. Also wear a pad bt keep changing it because that makes you itchy and gives you spots. Also you can get a cream from the chemist or doctor (doctors cream is stronger), Its called canestan with steroids in it that's for the rash and spots. That really works..
    Hope you get better x

Jan 11, 2009, 10:48 PM

Thanks so much guys for all your answers :)
    Dear sweetgal21, I think it could be just what your talking about because I had UTI a few weeks back so it could be caused by that. Thank you.
    Xx

Jan 12, 2009, 12:32 AM
    thanks so much guys for all your answers :)
    dear sweetgal21, i think it could be just what your talking about because i had UTI a few weeks back so it could be caused by that. thank you.
    xx
    Yeh UTI can give you that straight away. Try go doctors soon as because you will start getting pain on your right of your stomach and it is a horrible burning pain or maybe you already had that symptom from the UTI.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 04:42 AM

Definition of Vaginal itching:

Vaginal itching is a tingling or uneasy irritation of the skin of the vagina and the surrounding area (vulva). The itching may cause a desire to scratch the affected area.

Common causes of vaginal itching include:

* Chemical irritants -- such as detergents, fabric softeners, feminine sprays, ointments, creams, douches, and contraceptive foams or jellies.
    * Menopause -- the drop in estrogen causes thinning of the vaginal wall and less lubrication.
    * Stress -- may increase vaginal itching and make you more susceptible to infections.
    * Vaginal yeast infection -- often includes a discharge that is white and curd-like. Vaginal yeast infections can be brought on by antibiotics, birth control pills, pregnancy, menstruation, condom use, sexual intercourse, diabetes, and a weakened immune system.
    * Vaginitis -- inflammation, itching, discharge, and odor caused by other infections (including sexually transmitted diseases). Vaginitis in girls before puberty is common. If a young girl has a sexually transmitted vaginal infection, however, sexual abuse must be considered and addressed.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 10:15 AM
    thanks so much guys for all your answers :)
    dear sweetgal21, i think it could be just what your talking about because i had UTI a few weeks back so it could be caused by that. thank you.
    xx
    A uti infection can bring on a yeast infection because of the antibiotics that are being taken. A lot of doctors give you a pill with the antibiotics to take so you can prevent the yeast infection.

Jan 16, 2009, 10:17 AM

So I got my period a few days ago and the itchiness was still there
    Only today that it went away..
    So I still need to do something after my period stops?
    X
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 04:40 PM

Not paying attention to what your female body is telling you is a recipe for disaster. Our lovely vaginal network will tell us when something is wrong and you have to be able to read your body rhythm. Any uncomfortable feeling in the vaginal area is definitely a cause for concern and immediate action. There is a proper PH level down there that protects us somewhat.

Having a UTI (urinary tract infection) is definitely uncomfortable, there is stinging from your urine passing, consumption of alcohol will intensify this stinging.

Unattended UTIs can advance to the bladder and then to the kidneys causing irreparable damage to our systems that, depending on you medical condition, such as being diabetic, cannot be reversed easily (think kidney donors!).

So ladies, listen to what you body is telling you, it actually knows what's best and lets you know by discomfort and pain.

Jan 16, 2009, 11:28 PM

Dear tickle,
    I think you have misread my thread
    My UTI have already been treated with antibiotics like a month ago now and now I think I have a yeast infection.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 03:29 AM

What makes you think I misread your post, lullaby. My last post was for general information along the same lines as your problem offering general information for all women.

Yes you do have a yeast infection and I think I posted about it a while ago. Go get it treated before it turn s into something you can't deal with.

Jan 17, 2009, 10:09 AM
    dear tickle,
    i think you have misread my thread
    my UTI have already been treated with antibiotics like a month ago now and now i think i have a yeast infection.
    Hi lullaby. I agree with tickle you should go and see a doctor A.s.a.p. I had it and I left it to long,I started getting itchiness and spots on my thighs it became painful and I could not wear my jeans for long.
    Good luck

Jan 18, 2009, 01:02 AM

Oh oops sorry I didn't forgot you did post an answer before tickle but I can't get it treated while I have my period can I?
    X

Jan 18, 2009, 01:03 AM
    I mean I forgot

Jan 18, 2009, 04:07 AM
    i mean i forgot
    Hi, no you can't when you are on your periods just wait until you have finished your periods. X

Jan 18, 2009, 07:03 AM

Thanks sweetgal21 :)
    Xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

White discharge which smells no other symptoms

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 26 and I have a 4 yrs old and my husband and I have a long distant relationship for 3 years now and I came off the birth control 2 years ago from being on them for 8 years and we've been trying to conceive from ever since but no such luck. I started taking the Fertilitea which has in Vitex...

Vaginal Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had unprotected sex about a month ago and I have been very worried about STD's. The guy said that he was clean and that he previous partner and only partner for the last 6 months was tested but I don't know what to believe. I also went to the Student Health Services at my University for a...

Vaginal Discharge [ 10 Answers ]

I have a yellow vaginal discharge, is this serious?

View more questions Search