Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CryRiver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:25 AM
    My lover is not ready to commit
    Im in a relationship for almost a year now. We had never talked about commitments earlier, now when we discussed about marriage I was shocked to see my lover ddnt have an answer. He says he can't say anything, since his family and parents are very orthodox and can't marry outside their cast. He was not even ready to try, but had made his mind that it won't workout, and was at the edge of giving up. We went through a tough period those times, I was confused and ddnt want to push him so much, because I felt he is not so interested. But he loves me a lot, and says he will try once.
    I'm pretty sure I can convince my parents , I can give up anything for my love. But I don't see the same from him. I'm confused, helpless, and I'm trying to make my mind think that its never going to work out. Its very hard, tough for me to go through this alone. I try to put on a smile and behave normally with him. Im afraid ill lose him if I push him too much.
    Kindly advice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 09:46 AM

How old are you? Do you live together? Is there sex involved?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't he want to commit? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 9 months now. We constantly fight about the topic of marriage and I'm so frustrated about it I could pull my hair out! He is 37 has been divorced and has 2 kids from a previous marriage. He is successful in his career and came out better than most...

She Says she doesn't want to commit, but still wants me there as if we were. [ 5 Answers ]

First I meant she doesn't want a RELATIONSHIP, but still wants me there as if we had one... My Girlfriend and I recently split. We split because (and these are her words, not mine) one thing will happen, whether big or something really small, and she would blow up about it... so bad that she'd cuss...

Boyfriend not ready to commit? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months now. We have a long distance relationship but I've known since about 8 months - 1 year into the relationship that I'm really serious about our relationship. I can see our relationship lasting and us getting married. Lately I've been feeling...

Can't commit until I know for sure - [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone Just after a bit of advice as I know there isn't an answer :-( As with a lot of posts it is concerning a first love. I went out with her for 4 years and had a great time - Uni came and we ended up splitting up as many people do at this stage - a sad part of my life but I would...

Won't commit [ 8 Answers ]

I am 49 yrs old and widowed my new boyfriend is 44 and never married we have been seeing each other for seven months but began talking a little over a year ago one day he says things that leads me to believe he will move me to his state this is a long distance relationship and then the next it is...

View more questions Search