Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrgelf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Fixing Bathtub Shower Faucet That Drips
    I have a 20 year old home and the upstairs bath has a single handle delta faucet that has developed a leak at the tub spout. I removed the faceplate and sleeve from the faucet but don't know how to remove the inside cartridge. A very nice step by step set of photos on line shows a different type of o-ring fastener than I see on my faucet. I see an outer bronze ring with 2 slits (one on the top the other on the bottom). The top slit looks like it has a clip sticking out of it from inside and this may be the lock that holds the cartridge in. However, I can't see any easy way to get at it. Any help will be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2009, 07:33 AM
    If your mixing valve's 20 years old then chances are it's this one.( see inage).
    Work down to the seats and springs,(see image)and replace them. Delta has a repair kit, (see image) that you might be interested in installing. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 4, 2010, 07:03 AM

DMK112, You gave me a reddy,(disagree) on someone else thread. Would you care to explain why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help

Old outside faucet drips [ 7 Answers ]

Outside faucet drips when turned off. I can't get the nut loose to try to put in a washer. When I try to loosen it, the whole faucet wants to turn and I am afraid I will break it. It is probably about 30 years old.

New bathtub faucet, shower fiting leaking [ 6 Answers ]

A neighbor installed a new bathtub faucet for me. At the point the shower connects to it, it is leaking badly. How can I fix that?

Bathtub faucet has hot water, but shower doesn't. [ 3 Answers ]

The house I live in is old but had all the plumbing redone 2 years ago. I turn the bathtub faucet on and adjust the temp. to my preference but as soon as I turn the handle for the shower head to come on, the water is cold. Majority of the hot water is coming out of the faucet and not the shower...

Fixing a leaky Bathtub Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old PriceFister 3 handle, washer-variety, tub faucet that has a slow, constant drip. This is a vacation home by the ocean where everything seems to break down and rust constantly, (not sure if this is important). I have shut the water and replaced the washers which really...

View more questions Search