Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocstar Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Edge tp-pac01 and carrier mvc100
    I just spent a lot of money to upgrade my heating system. I bought a carrier mvc 100 gas furnace, air purifier and humidifier. They ripped out my old ducts and put in new 2 zone duct work. They also installed 2 edge tp-pac01 thermostats. My house is now cold. With the old system I kept my heat at 68 to 70 I am now keeping it at 72 to 73... I am wondering if this is the right thermostat for this gas furnace which is 3 stage. Also since the thermostat is a 2 part unit,they have the control module fastened to the return duct in the basement underneath the thermidistat... The installer sayd nothing is wrong.. Can anyone give me guidance??
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 09:46 PM
    The furnace is equipped with a diagnostic LED. Remove the front panel and check for blinking. Check service label for translation.

Jan 9, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    The furnace is equipped with a diagnostic LED. Remove the front panel and check for blinking. Check service label for translation.
    Where would I find leds? And what would this tell me in regards to my temp problem?
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Take off the front panel. Read. There will be labels everywhere, you'll find it.

Jan 9, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Take off the front panel. Read. There will be labels everywhere, you'll find it.
    Thanks
    Led is steady on and code says normal voltage.. I might add my 2 thermostats are edge tp-pac01
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Was your old thermostat a digital/electronic type? Perhaps what you thought was 68-70 degrees was actually warmer due to an inaccurate thermostat.

Jan 9, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Was your old thermostat a digital/electronic type? Perhaps what you thought was 68-70 degrees was actually warmer due to an inaccurate thermostat.
    When I first bought the house it was a lux digital readout and dial thermostat.. I upgraded it at that time to a honeywell touchscreen th8110. The reading was always 68 at night and comfortable and 70 day and comfortable and this was with one zone.. now 68 and 70 is cold. I am wondering gif the control module is installed wrong on the 2 part system or if the programming for the 3 speed blower is wrong.. I'm lost here..
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 10:31 PM
    While the Lux would be questionable, I would expect accuracy from the Honeywell. Are you using continuous fan now, and did you with the old system?

Jan 9, 2009, 10:34 PM
    While the Lux would be questionable, I would expect accuracy from the Honeywell. Are you using continuous fan now, and did you with the old system?
    Used auto with the last furnace and this furnace I also use auto on the advice of the installer.. I was told continuous fan will wear out quicker and cause more energy use. I only put continuous on when I want to clean the air with the purifier.. Rarely.. unit was installed in November

Jan 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rocstar View Post
    used auto with the last furnace and this furnace i also use auto on the advice of the installer..I was told continous fan will wear out quicker and cause more energy use. I only put continous on when i want to clean the air with the purifier..Rarely.. unit was installed in november

I am also wondering if this tstat is right for a variable speed blower.. I read it s for a single stage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My almost 3 year old has me about over the edge. [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know what to do with her anymore. I try time out, and usually give up because I'm tired of chasing her around, along with the throbbing headache I've encountered from her hi-pitched screaming just to irritate me. In fact, her and my one year old have screaming matches all day long, the...

Need codes for Edge thermostat heat pump carrier [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier heat pump, comfort series that was installed five months ago. I want to confirm the settings in the thermostat are correct. The stat is EDGE programmable thermostat I don't want the owner's manual codes, but the one the dealer uses by holding on the fan button and getting...

Gas or Gas & Oil for Homelite Trim N' Edge [ 3 Answers ]

Gas or Gas & Oil for Homelite Trim N' Edge Number UT20022A Doe it only take Gas or does it take Gas & Oil for Homelite Trim N' Edge? Grandfather gave it to my son without the manual. Thanks

What is edge [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning for the trem edge in cell phones . What is the advantage of having edge in the phones and is it necessary?

View more questions Search