Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Is my 2 year old extra bright or average?
    Hi

Just wondering what I can do to help my 2 year old son, he never seems to focus or appear to be learning, he can't sit still long enough! But he knows all of the following:
    Could play 'peek-a-boo' at 6 months, Has understood the difference between 1and 2 items since about 14 months
    Has used tripod grasp to draw since 18 months, can identify about 1/2 alphabet letters, what sound they make and what starts with that letter e.g. m 'mm' mummy
    Counts to 10, knows all prepositions top/bottom in/on over/under etc, makes up and sings own songs
    Seems to understand yesterday, today, tomorrow, Understands what it means to wait, e.g.. At the supermarket If told to wait until we pay for the items he will not ask for it until then, can identify most colours, can identify circle, square, triangle, hexagon
    Can draw a circle and vertical and horizontal lines, can play rhyming games, understands voice pitch

He seems to get bored very easily, is there anything I could give him that might interest him? Do you think he is gifted or just better at learning than other 2 year olds? I have never explicitly taught him any of the concepts he understands

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
    As a mother of 4 children myself ranging in age from 22 - 6, it sounds as though you have a beautiful smart little boy. It sounds as if he is hitting his developmental milestones right on target.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 year old gifted or very bright? [ 60 Answers ]

Hi everyone, The director of the day care where my son goes twice a week believes that he may be gifted. She wants to have him assessed. I have done a lot of reading up on this subject, and have looked at the characteristics of gifted children... but I am still not sure if he is just very...

Extra Extra Dry Skin [ 8 Answers ]

I have extra extra dry skin. I am constantly shedding. What can I do about this. I have tried all kinds of lotions

How much does the average 20-22 year old have in the bank? [ 12 Answers ]

How much money does the average 20-22 year old have in the bank?

Average speed/average velocity [ 1 Answers ]

A horse canters away from its trainer in a straight line, moving 150 m away in 19.0 s. It then turns abruptly and gallops halfway back in 4.6 s. (a) Calculate its average speed. m/s (b) Calculate its average velocity for the entire trip, using "away from the trainer" as the positive...

View more questions Search