Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jul 23, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Redundant Video Card?
    After a week of e-mailing back and forth with HP I have come to the decision that they either do not ( or do not want ) to understand English so I'm going to see what you blokes can come up with ;) Long story so please bear with me :)

I had a Radeon Video card fitted over a year ago and as this cured the immediate problem at that time (lack of memory) I never bothered with the other hiccups it had.

I recently considered adding a 2nd Hard Drive and decided to do a test run of the instalation procedures - but could not access the BIOS ( I had posted over this problem earlier but we couldn't sort it out).

I did a full Recovery earlier on in the week and discovered that the display was starting on the Radeon port up to the black "Windows" screen (with the loading bar at the bottom) after which the screen goes black ( HT light goes out on Monitor )- however I was able to get into the CMOS set up screen but noticed there was no mention of Video Adapters... meanwhile...

... the displayed boot-up sequence jumps over to the Intel 8281 OE system and the original onboard Monitor port with the blue Windows starting up screen followed swiftly by the Welcome screen and the PC operates OK from here but only on it's original Monitor port.

I found the Video Adapters along the My Computer / Properties / route and on inspection noticed that what I think is the 8281 card (it has only an external co-ax video socket and an s-Video socket and is internally connected to the motherboard by a roughly 5, 6 or 7 core flat cable.

Finally ;) The Question...

If my above conclusions are correct will it be safe to disconnect the 8281 card via the internal cable and/or uninstall its drivers and get the whole start up sequence over to the Radeon card??

-------------------------------------------

I've re-read this 3 times and can't think I can put it clearer so I hope someone out there has a better grasp of english than HP seems to :D

Check out some similar questions!

Video card problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I get into game play on Call of Duty and other war games my graphics have lines going in all directions to the extent that it is impossible to see the action. Is this a video card problem or something else. I also have noticed that when I click on the start button my programs box is very slow...

Video card advice.. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm buying a video card but I want to have some advice of what hardware is best for my system.. im using athlon 64 3000+.. my board is nforce 3 k8neo.. Tnx..

Pci slot & video card [ 5 Answers ]

I have received a new video card - Gforce fX 5200. It is a PCI version. Looking at the unopened box I found NO requirements. After opening it and reading the users guide I find: "If you have a PCI CARD, you will insert it into an available white PCI 2.1 or above compliant slot." My computer...

Video card [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The problem is that I can't get anymore than 16 colors. I have purchased two different VGA card with cd holding the software (drivers). Here's my PC info please help Thanks .

Help with video card [ 1 Answers ]

I was given an older pc. I had to reformat and now I'm having problems with the display. From what I can see, my video card is a 3D-FX. How can I find which version and where can I find the drivers for it. Operating Win95.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.