Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puddin head Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 08:52 AM
    95' Accord Shifting
    I have a 95' Accord with automatic trans. Recently it seems to take longer to shift to the next gear (higher RPM). When it does shift it seems a bit hard, not smooth like before. If I let offf the throttle a little it will shift, but still seems a little hard. Any insight is greatfull.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 08:59 AM

. Change transmission fluid, preferably to Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. It's available at Wal-Mart. Upshifts and downshifts improve markedly with synthetics, particularly in winter.

. Check/replace the Variable Speed Sensor (VSS) on the transmission. The TCU receives input from the VSS, which determines when the transmission shifts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Accord "s" light/shifting problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord lx. The "s" light constantly blinks and the car shifts from 1st to 3rd so I don't have 2nd or 4th unless I put it in manually. The TCU gave me error codes 7 and 15. I removed the TCU and looked at the circuit board and there was corrosion. I ordered a rebuilt one and...

91 Honda Accord automatic transmission Shifting [ 1 Answers ]

When I drive my honda it does not down shift to a low gear, it stays in second gear, but some times it will shift into first and shift fine. The fluid level it good. What type of shifting module does this car have?

Honda Accord shifting issues [ 9 Answers ]

:( I have a 1997 Honda Accord, and just recently I have been having issues trying to shift, when I put my car into " Park " I can't get it out with out using the gear release ? Can anyone give me some help on what could be causing this ? Could the transmission be going out on the vehicle ?

View more questions Search