Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suprose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Parking lot accident
    I was in a gas station and I side swiped another persons car. The damage was minimal and we both decided not to call the police because neither of us figured we would have an insurance claim and I had been told before that the police wouldn't have anything to do with an accident in a private lot.
    We did not exchange insurance because the other driver said "dont worry about it." But she wrote down my license plate number.

Can she go down and file a report on my license plate and claim I hit her, and did not report the accident. Can the police serve me with a warrant or ticket if she files a report?

I live in the state of Nevada, and I gave false information to the person who I hit.

What can happen to me? What can I do to fix this?
    Suprose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprose View Post
    I was in a gas station and another driver back into my car. The damage was minimal and we both decided not to call the police because neither of us figured we would have an insurance claim and I had been told before that the police wouldn't have anything to do with an accident in a private lot. We both only had PL/PD insurance.

I went home and within the hour a police officer showed up at my door and gave me a ticket for failure to report an accident. He said a witness called it in and gave my driver's license which is how he tracked me down.

Is this legit? I have to go to court over this and I'm afraid there will be a fine or points. Does anyone have any information about this situation?

Can she go down and file a report on my license plate and claim I hit her, and did not report the accident. Can the police serve me with a warrant or ticket if she files a report?

I live in the state of Nevada, and I gave false information to the person who I hit.

What can happen to me? what can I do to fix this? Am I in trouble?

If I claim it wasnt me how can they find out if I've done this? I keep trying to get and answer about Nevada law and accidents on private property? Do i have to report this to the police or my insurance?
    I was in a gas station and another driver back into my car. The damage was minimal and we both decided not to call the police because neither of us figured we would have an insurance claim and I had been told before that the police wouldn't have anything to do with an accident in a private lot. We both only had PL/PD insurance.

I went home and within the hour a police officer showed up at my door and gave me a ticket for failure to report an accident. He said a witness called it in and gave my driver's license which is how he tracked me down.

Is this legit? I have to go to court over this and I'm afraid there will be a fine or points. Does anyone have any information about this situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto accident in parking lot [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a gas station and another driver back into my car. The damage was minimal and we both decided not to call the police because neither of us figured we would have an insurance claim and I had been told before that the police wouldn't have anything to do with an accident in a private lot. ...

Parking lot Auto accident [ 7 Answers ]

The incident happened at the parking lot of my apartment complex near the leasing office on October 12th 2007. A driver backed up her car and hit my car on the side. We called the police department and the police officer found the damage to be less than $1000 and asked us to exchange the insurance...

Parking lot accident [ 20 Answers ]

I recently bumped into another vehicle that was also backing out at the same time across the aisle in a mall parking lot. I was driving a black Mercedes sports coup and she was driving a large white SUV. When we got out to examine the bumpers there was a very slight amount of black paint on her...

Parking lot accident [ 4 Answers ]

I live in an apartment complex that has marked parking spaces for the tenants. Today I took my significant other to work, came back, and since the parking spaces right by my apartment were full, I parked parallel to the garages (perpendicular to the parking spaces) because I was going to make a...

Parking Lot Accident [ 2 Answers ]

My step-daughter hit a parked car in the parking lot at her high school. The owner of the other car said it was no big deal and they parted ways. Late the same evening, the parent of the teenager called to threaten us with the police. What do I do?

View more questions Search