Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedhubby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Company changing commission rules
    My wife works for a company that created a new base-plus-commission customer service position. She is the first person to hold the job. Her commission plan is very vague and broad. She has been paid on numerous (small) jobs. Now she has worked on a BIG job, and the company wants to change the rules of her commission AFTER THE JOB IS FINISHED so it doesn't have to pay her anything.
    What is her recourse? Her HR isn't very supportive (it is the company's representative, after all). Is there a governmental agency she can contact, such as state or federal Wage and Hour? Or is she going to have to sue them?
    Thanks for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 07:46 PM

She can sue in court if they will not pay as agreed in a pay contract.

While a company can change the pay system anytime they want, they can't change it on pay already earned.
    concernedhubby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Does it help or hurt her that her commission agreement is vague, and that the company has paid on projects that are exactly the same, only smaller?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commission pay [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 1099 insurance agent whom my employer is with holding my pay for a bogus reason. Can I take her to small claims over my commission? I am paid 2 x;s a month so can I do this over and over again?

Changing company name do to law suit [ 8 Answers ]

I own a construction company that has been going through a litigation now for 4 years. The owners is suing my company and 7 others for what he calls poor workmanship. The lawsuit is on a house that values appr. $13 million. What they are doing is dragging this through litigation making it so...

Internet Company changing my service without telling me. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my internet company had changed my serivce without telling me because they decided to no logner offer that plan and sent me a huge bill based on the new service. They said they sent a letter but I didn't get anything. Can they legally do this to me?

I owe insurance company that I used to work for 25,000 in commission chargebacks [ 9 Answers ]

Back in December of 06, I left an insurance company that I worked for as a licensed insurance agent. In January of 07, I received a letter from the company stating that I owed $25,000 in cancellations. I didn't respond to the letter and still haven't received any correspondence since then. Here...

View more questions Search