Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 5, 2009, 06:12 PM
    I doubt it.
    I do not mean to offend anybody....

But is psychic really real? I think it kind of hard to believe... :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 08:45 PM

Hi, survivorboi!

I think that you've opened up a good question here that could lead to some considerable debate.

From my perspective, I don't think that most of the people who claim to be psychics are really able to do what they claim to do. That's not to say that some of them aren't really able to foretell the future or know about certain things that would seem to defy logical, rational reasoning.

However, in my opinion, I believe that we're all connected together in some way that really also goes beyond logical, rational explanation as well as our limited abilities to truly understand everything about ourselves and the universe.

I'm going to leave my post for now at that, because I'm sure that a lot of others know what I mean and will hopefully join in the discussion here.

Good question! :)

Thanks!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 08:57 PM

Like Clough said, this is a whole new can of worms.

My opinion is that psychics are not real. Why is it that psychics never wins the lotto or helps prevents major calamities?

On the other side, I know many events have occurred that cannot be rationally explained. One good example is when my brother was 6, one night, while he was just playing around the house, he looked up, looked very scared, and said, "Grandma's gone." Now, my grandparents live on the other side of Earth, and we haven't had any communication for months, but wouldn't you know it, we got a phone call the next morning saying that our grandmother's passed.

People wake up in the middle of the night, and for no reason, go to their car or store, to find it on fire. It's bizarre and unexplainable, and I'm sure there's some supernatural forces out there. However, when it comes to someone being able to tell the future because you call/go to them and pay $80 an hour... not likely.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 6, 2009, 05:58 PM

That is what I was thinking too. If psychic was real, so does that mean the person who has that ability does not die of lets say, car crash? I mean, he/she can see it right? They could basically change the future... There is a whole lot about it in the unexplained history book, so much that's becoming hard to believe. Many weird coincidence!

Like this one lady years ago. She dream of a school burning or something, then a few days later, the school burn the heck down!!

I respect whoever believes it is true.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 6, 2009, 10:58 PM

I think the Einstein quote in your signature says it all: Imagination is important. We live in a complex universe. Our imagination allows us to see patterns and that helps us find our way. That is what being psychic is all about.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 12:56 AM

Hi again, survivorboi!

Have you ever felt/knew that someone was in a room, even though you thought the room was supposed to be empty and then you discovered that there was someone in the room?

Have you ever had really strong thoughts about someone, for an unknown reason, and then all of a sudden they called you on the phone in the next few minutes after you had those thoughts without knowing that they were going to call you?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 05:59 PM

As usual I have to agree with Alder
    I have been noticing lots of patterns in my life
    Lots of things that people call coincidences, things happening in three's or more
    And when I follow the pattern I know what is going to happen before it happens.

The more you free yourself and open to the supernatural the more second hand it seems to become but we are creatures of habit and hold ourself back in many ways that prevent us from seeing past what we see and hear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doubt in accountancy [ 1 Answers ]

Why no journal entry is passed for trade discount??

In doubt [ 1 Answers ]

i'm trying to change my a/c thermostat, honeywell - i have connected all wire ecept for the blue and red wire... now there is a slot for rc and rh which i don't know which one to connect too? Please advise " no a/c tonight

Xp doubt [ 1 Answers ]

I use xp operating system... in that I use to get a error in choose program... all my video or audio players name get changed to service manager... what is the problem... y it comes like that... weather I want to format my entire system.. post your answer...

I need help with a doubt I have! [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if I am going to have children since I have been trying for 3 years now.And if I am how many?Will it be boys or girls?My D.O.B is 12-17-1983. :rolleyes:

View more questions Search