Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 11:00 PM

I've got Finale Notepad in this computer. It used to be free, but costs something now.
    I also have the full Finale Software, but not loaded onto this computer.

I have the free pizzicato30 loaded onto this computer. Haven't figured out everything about it though.

I'm trying to find some commonality where you might be able to hear what is written, but since you play, that shouldn't be a problem.

What is your primary instrument or instruments, please?

Thanks!
    ryan_milligan Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2009, 11:01 PM

They are guitar and piano
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 11:12 PM

Thanks!

I'm going to go for now. When I return after a short while, I'm going to post a sample composition in ternary form for violin, viola and bass. It's already in my head, just need to write it down. It will be in Finale Notepad.

We'll keep things simple. It will be in the key of "C" and in 3/4 time. 3/4 time would probably be the easiest time to develop something in ternary form for right now.

Do you have a scanner and also a printer? If I give you an assignment, they'll need to be used.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 12:56 AM
    Hi, Ryan!

As promised, I'm giving you a sample composition that's in the ternary form for the three instruments that you mentioned.

Name:  Sample Ternary Form Composition A - Use.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  206.3 KB

Name:  Sample Ternary Form Composition B - Use.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  208.9 KB

Name:  Sample Ternary Form Composition C - Use.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  186.2 KB
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 01:11 AM

The violin simply plays the melody. The viola supports the violin with some harmony and the bass just plays the root notes of the chords.

I wrote the "B" section in the relative minor to give some good variety.

Jan 4, 2009, 06:06 AM

You are a god send thank you for your help do far

Jan 4, 2009, 04:36 PM

You seem to have cut a bit off the top of the middle picture the violin is missing plus how much do you think I must add to this to make it a full composition

Jan 4, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Thanks!

I'm going to go for now. When I return after a short while, I'm going to post a sample composition in ternary form for violin, viola and bass. It's already in my head, just need to write it down. It will be in Finale Notepad.

We'll keep things simple. It will be in the key of "C" and in 3/4 time. 3/4 time would probably be the easiest time to develop something in ternary form for right now.

Do you have a scanner and also a printer? If I give you an assignment, they'll need to be used.

Why do I need a scanner and printer??
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 04:44 PM

Hi, Ryan!

It is a full, ternary composition. I just didn't know how to add a double bar line at the end.

There are a total of four systems in it plus one measure. The use of the term system might possibly be unfamiliar to you. If it is, then it's a grouping of staves that are held together by a bracket.

Thanks for the compliment! Now, the trick is to teach you how to compose something like that!

Jan 4, 2009, 04:47 PM

O OK now where on the same page and I know what systems are and you didn't answer the bit about you missing the violin and viola part off the top of the second picture. So where do we start with making mine??
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_milligan View Post
    why do i need a scanner and printer ???
    That would be so that you could practice composing by printing off what I might compose so that you could then scan what you compose according to how I teach you and post what you've written on the thread.

Jan 4, 2009, 04:51 PM

To be playing what I have wrote I will be using a keyboard that runs through my PC. And what I compose I could simply screen shot or I could download the free writer that you have so I could send you it as a full file??
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 04:58 PM

Would you please post a sample screen shot of what you might compose, please? Doesn't have to even be anything that really makes sense. Just want to make sure that we're able to communicate musically here.

The Finale Notepad used to be free, it's not anymore. Although, I don't think that it costs very much.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 04:59 PM
    I'm sorry, but my connection is very slow right now. Wanted to make sure that I gave you a quick answer.

More is coming...
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 05:03 PM
    There is a demo version of Finale Notepad that can be found via clicking on the following link.

Try Finale NotePad

If we are both using the same program, I know that we would be able to attach the files to the posts as zip files. I've already done it on this site. I was able to open the file just fine.

But, before you might try something like that, I would still apprciate seeing a screenshot from you.

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2009, 05:05 PM

OK screen shot on its way although its nothing to do with what where doing its just a song I made up for another music assignment its just to show what the screen shots would look like
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 05:09 PM

Thanks! That'll be great!

I did just find a site claiming to have Finale Notepad as freeware. You might want to check it out.

Download Finale Notepad by Make Music

Also, what operating system are you using? That might make a difference as far as the files that we can share.

Jan 4, 2009, 05:16 PM

[IMG]C:\Users\ryan\Pictures\Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

My operating system is windows vista and sorry about the delay had trouble doing the screenshot thing

Jan 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Did that work ?

Jan 4, 2009, 05:20 PM
    You have to create an account for that freeware version and I don't entirely trust it have you used the site before ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Composition of tear gas. [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I want to know the composition of tear gas which is use by police to dispersed the mob.why tear came out?

Composition of porcelain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I like to know about chemical composition of porcelain

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

% composition [ 1 Answers ]

If an experiment requires 5g of H2SO4 ,what volume of a 1% (w/w) solution should be used? Thanks

View more questions Search