Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevsaxjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Government Positions
    If the president's role is chief executive, vice president presides over the Senate, Electoral College elects president and vice president, what is the president pro tempore's role?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 2, 2009, 05:16 PM

This should answer your question.
    President pro tempore of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 05:17 PM

The President pro tempore (IPA: /ˈproʊ ˈtɛmpəˌri/; also referred to as President pro tem) is the second-highest-ranking official of the United States Senate and the highest-ranking senator. The U.S. Constitution states the Vice President of the United States serves ex officio as President of the Senate, and is the highest-ranking official of the Senate even though he or she only votes in the case of a tie. During the Vice President's absence, the President pro tempore is the highest-ranking official in the Senate and may preside over its sessions. The President pro tempore is elected by the Senate; by custom, the President pro tempore is the most senior senator in the majority party. Normally, neither the Vice President of the United States nor the President pro tempore presides; instead, the duty is generally delegated to junior senators to help them learn parliamentary procedure.[1] The President pro tempore is third in the line of succession to the Presidency, after the Vice President of the United States and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping positions [ 4 Answers ]

I know this is a silly question but I was wondering. Every time I sit or bend or crunch in bed or roll over in bed... this there anyway that you squish the fetus or even shake him up? I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and wondered this for a about a month now. It always feels like I'm squishing him and...

Sales positions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I am looking for travel sales people interested in part time work. I have been in the tourism and travel industry for over 17 years. We facilitate meeting and tours all over the world! Some of the Places we have been are Africa, Asia, Europe and Israel & Milan. We are interested in...

Football positions [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a diagram showing both offensive and defensive player positions.

Sleeping positions [ 5 Answers ]

Since I just found out I am pregnant I have done A LOT of reading. All the books say the best sleeping position is on your left side. I know that you should sleep on your side when you are farther along in pregnancy, but why your left side? Can you sleep on your right side? Does it really matter...

Player Positions [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know where I can go on the internet to get an explanation of what each position on the team is supposed to do and the names of each of the position. Sorry, but when I am watching a game, I would like to know what each particular player does.

View more questions Search