Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meb1106 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
    How do I respond to a summons
    Hello I need to respond to a summons on Monday Jan. 5,2009 how do I present it just a regular letter.. confused.. please can anyone help..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meb1106 View Post
    Hello I need to respond to a summons on Monday Jan. 5,2009 how do I present it just a regular letter.. confused.. please can anyone help..

This is posted in real estate so I'm guessing it's a real estate matter. Small Claims Court? Need more info, including basis for summons and State.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2009, 11:28 AM

Generally one if given 20-30 days to respond. So have you been sitting on this for that long?

As Judy says, we need more details to advise you.

Jan 2, 2009, 12:56 PM
    This is in leiu of a foreclosure... with a bank do you have or know where I can get an example of a response to a summons... my deadline is Monday Jan. 5th please I would appreciate all your help..
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 01:01 PM
    This is in leiu of a foreclosure... with a bank do you have or know where I can get an example of a responce to a summons... my deadline is Monday Jan. 5th please I would appreciate all your help..

OK - but I still don't know what you mean. It's a Summons in Lieu of Foreclosure? Or it's a Summons in a Foreclosure action and you are attempting to respond?

It also varies by State.

Just a little more info, please.

Jan 2, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    OK - but I still don't know what you mean. It's a Summons in Lieu of Foreclosure? Or it's a Summons in a Foreclosure action and you are attempting to respond?

It also varies by State.

Just a little more info, please.
    The state is Florida,
    It says it's a compliant for non- pymnt to the plaintiff which is the Bank.
    And yes I am attempting to respond.
    Thanks for all your help...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2009, 01:55 PM

Well, are you behind on your mortgage? Do you have any grounds to contest the foreclosure?
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 01:57 PM
    the state is florida,
    It says it's a compliant for non- pymnt to the plantiff which is the Bank.
    and yes I am attempting to respond.
    Thanks for all your help...

I didn't write this but someone with a good legal background did and was gracious enough to post it. Received a civil action summons from the State of Florida from - JustAnswer All I did was find and post it. :) If the Court has to have your response by Monday I wouldn't take a chance and would hand deliver it and get a receipt, also from the Attorney:

And here we go:

Your response should resemble the following:

In the ______ Court of _________ County, Florida

Plaintiff

v. Cause No._________

Defendant

ANSWER

Comes now, _______________, the named defendants and files his/her/their answer to the Complaint as follows:

AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES

The Defendant employs any and all affirmatives available with regard to the defense of this litigation and allegations made by the Plaintiff.

[you need to now respond to each paragraph by either admitting or denying the allegations]

1. The Defendant admits/denies the allegations of paragraph 1. of the Complaint.

2. The Defendatn admits/denies the allegations of paragraph 2. of the Complaint.

3. " " "

[whichever paragraph or paragraphs state that you have failed or refused to pay the mortgage, just explain that your husband passed away and that it put you into an emotional and financial hardship]

Continue to respond paragraph by paragraph until the end.

For the final paragraph write:

Wherefore, premises considered, the Defendants pray that this Honorable Court will accept this Answer and Defenses and provide the adequate relief allowed by law.

Respectfully submitted this the ___ day of ____________, 2008.

Signature

Send the original answer to the clerk of the court and send a copy to the plaintiff's attorney.
    seriouslyindebt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    This is just what I was searching for also. Thanks a million.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you respond to a summons? [ 5 Answers ]

I just received a summons(my first one ever) in the mail last Friday filed in county court from a law firm. Capital One is the original creditor. I do not know how to respond to the summons. I do not really want to get an attorney involved. I was wondering what steps I take and I was wondering if...

How and where do I respond to a summons. [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to pay my mortgage due to a major slow down in my business. I have received a summons from the courts stating a lawsuit has been filed against me seeking to foreclose and that I have 20 days to respond in writing. I guess the courts and the Plaintiff wants to know what my...

How to respond to summons? [ 8 Answers ]

This morning a received a sommons: "A lawsuit has been filed against you...by LVNV Funding LLC, Assignee of GE Capital, Plaintiff...you must respond...stating defense in writing within 20 days...or a Default Judgement may be entered against you...If you serve a Notice of Appearance on the...

How do I respond to a Summons [ 1 Answers ]

I received a Summons from CC of State of Oregon about a past due amount that I could not pay. Credit card debt. I lost my home back in the early 2003 when I became ill with SLE. I have not been able to work full time and don't make enough to keep up with what I have. I cannot afford medical or...

View more questions Search