Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHESNAJC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 09:34 AM
    Washing machine box drain pipe cap
    We just moved into a new house, and the wall mounted washing machine "box", that contains the hot/cold water connection and a standpipe for the drain, currently has a plastic cap covering the drain pipe. The cap has a cylindrical protrusion, which looks like it might be used for turning the cap with a special tool, maybe? In any event, initial attempts at removing the cap were unsuccessful, and I don't want to risk cracking the pipe, so I'm asking what the typical procedure is in this case?

Thanks for any suggestions!

There is nothing visible that indicates the make/model of this wall unit.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 10:34 AM

Is this cap go over the pipe real smooth on top and its edges. If it is is a glue cap fitting and if its not glued tap it up and off the stand pipe.
    Just on a thought is the laundry stand pipe and water faucet in a box system?
    If cap does not come off cut right below the cap edge and just get a coupling and glue it on now you are back to the same hight.
    This might sound dumb but could describe the "cap" better does it look threaded. Does it have a little square on top?

Signed 21 boat

If I helped to Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Drain Pipe Overflowing [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into our home 3 months ago and just today my washing machine has gone crazy. When I wash clothes and it gets to the drain cycle the water starts to drain out but the PVC pipe that runs through the floor and out of the house has started overflowing and running all over my laundry room...

Washing Machine drain pipe clog [ 2 Answers ]

During the washing machine drain cycle the water back up the drain pipe and runs on the floor. Have tried various drain clearing products and still having the problem. Also have tried to put a snake down the drain pipe but can't get it to go more than a few feet. Also I have a bar area with a...

Washing machine drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the pipe going into the main drain, the water is backing up onto the floor. Have checked for blockage and there is none. Any diagrams on how it should look Thanks Wayno

Washing Machine Drain Pipe Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Our home is about 6 years old with the washing machine on the second floor. Just lately, the drain pipe backs up a little water, but mostly bubbles. I've tried to snake the pipe but I can only get four feet in before I hit a bend that the snake gets stuck on. I don't think this is the blockage...

View more questions Search