Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SukhBamrah Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Threading eyebrows
    I go for threading off the eyebrows, to give it a well-shape every fortnite, but recently I read in THE TRIBUNE that it can be lethal for eyes or skin or overall health, and I want to know if there is any truth in this saying or claim?

My hair is silky but I want to go for a feather cut, and pl tell if I can go for it or its not good for hair and, also tell (regarding my fren) if for the first time, if u are going to get a cut I mean haircut, should not u go for feather...

Reply soon...

I can not wait enugh!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 09:30 AM

Threading has to be the least invasive form of eyebrow work. No chemicals.

Feathering hair, well there is nothing wrong with that. It is a style choice.

Jan 4, 2009, 07:15 AM

But I have read it that it can cause certain eye-related or skin-related problems, due to which I am in a fix, as I do not want to get ill or sick at the cost of my beauty…

About haircut too, I have read somewhere that the firsttimers MUST NOT go fot the feather cut...

Link here (can be provied)
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 08:26 AM

The feathercut is only a haircut. How can that damage you health. I have had several feathercuts over the years. There has to be a first time for everything. I thought we had it settled about threading. What health related problems can come from that? I can't for the life of me, realize what you are worried about. Feathercuts and threading...

No hairut is permanent. They all grow out. Now, plucking eyebrows, that is one thing I would never do. Some woman shave their eyebrows, or use depilatory to remove access hair on eyebrows and above lips. What can be worse then that!!

Jan 6, 2009, 09:25 AM

You seem not to have got what I want to say as feather cut must not be for the firsttimer in terms of one who gets cutting of hair for the first time and if u say that the plucking of hair is something u wll never do in life then tell me the reason why why what on earth stops u to go for it and even as u suggest me its not wrong
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:32 AM

I can't think of any reason why threading would alter your overall health. It may damage the hair follicles that get plucked so that the hairs eventually grow in smaller and thinner. But presumably you wouldn't mind that? This is not going to make you sick.
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 09:43 AM

Sukhbarmrah, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding cutting hair. As for plucking, I don't like it, but it doesn't mean that a million women don't already do it on a daily basis. Your original question was regarding feathering, which Is said there is nothing wrong in doing, it is a gentle way to do eyebrows.

If you choose to go on in this way, please get your thoughts together and put them down where they can be understood.

I would be pleased to answer another question, as long as it isn't about plucking, feathering, or threading.

Jan 7, 2009, 09:13 AM

Thanks, tickle...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I use to sooth redness after threading? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased epicare for threading facial hair and I must confess I was a little skeptical about it in the beginning but decided to try it anyway.and guess what?I had absolutely nothing to loose besides my upper lip and chin hair but after I was done threading,those areas were really red...

Threading my Treadle [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble threading my Raymond treadle. I followed the directions yet the thread keeps breaking when I am sewing. It's supposed to wrap under this flat piece and then up into the hook. That's where my trouble is- going under that flat piece, it doesn't look right. What am I doing wrong?...

Reverse threading on mower blades [ 1 Answers ]

Are Blades on lawnmowers Murray select riding mower specifically, reverse threaded. Icannot get the nuts off to change the blades. Thank you

Pipe threading [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to unscrew a nut in a cleanout line, and it won't budge in the counter-clockwise direction, but will Move in the clockwise direction. Are these pipes oppositely threaded, or is it simply a question of forces and mechanical advantage? Thanks, Roy

View more questions Search