Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Jan 1, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Everest nightmare
    I started school in Sept. filled out all paperwork, everything was perfect. I did it all on my own. Then in Nov. the financial advisor called me into her office and said, " well, all of your paperwork was good except you are missing 4,000 dollars and if you can't pay atleast $300 a month we are going to withdraw you." I told her I am not going to come back until she figures out what they did wrong, how can I be in school for 3 months, getting all A's and now they are threatening me. Anyway, I called 2 weeks later and she had the nerve to say I now am missing $7,000. I told her again, Figure it out, and I am not coming back unitl it is figured out what they did wrong. Now, after no returned phone calls from her, I received a letter saying I now owe them over $4,000 dollars for the time I was enrolled and for my books. What can I do to fix this and not get charged by a joke of a school?

Thanks

P.s.
    My teacher and the financial assistant told me to not come back so they would not charge me, and they withdrew and charged me anyway.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 1, 2009, 12:53 AM

Did you do this with any help from FAFSA? You can contact them. My advice is to get a lawyer and have them contact Everest. You'd be surprised how quickly they'll back down. I went to them when they were NST here. They try every mistruth in the book to get you in the door, and then charge your financial aid triple what it would cost you, if you went to a community college. Which, BTW will not take the transcript because Everest is not properly accredited! My 98.65 G.P.A. was worthless when I started at the school I am at now. Seriously, call a lawyer and ask them how much they would charge you to write Everest a letter asking them to prove these charges or drop them. File for FAFSA and go to a community college. You'd be better off.
    In our area, the F.B.I. raided Everest and other "diploma mills" in South Florida looking for financial aid fraud. Kind of shows you what these schools really are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GPA nightmare [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has a 2.76 undergraduate GPA (engineering) and is presently employed in Biotech field. She is definite about pursuing a MS but it seems all doors are closed for those with below 3.0 GPA. Can you please advise what needs to be done ? Thanks- D

Tallest man to climb Everest [ 3 Answers ]

Who was the tallest man to climb Mount Everest?

Anybody from Everest Consulting Group filed for H1B - Successful/QUERIED [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have filed my h1b with Everest Consulting Group(Everest Consulting Group Inc.) and was issued with 221(g) form in Embassy. Its been more than 4 months since I was queried. I am continuosuly asking Everest people to prepare the relavent documents and send it to me. But no reply from Everest...

Backpack Everest Base Camp. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to hire a guide to hike to Everest Base Camp?

Our nightmare [ 3 Answers ]

My live in boyfriend and I, both who are young professionals, who have never been in trouble before... have created our own little nightmare and now I need help... The other night we got into an argument and things got very heated. We slapped each other and the police were called. I was...

View more questions Search