Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmevans Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 09:01 PM
    visitaion worries
    Hello, I am divorcing a husband of 17 years and I have been physically separated from him almost 3 years. He was a drug abuser.. pot pills cocaine and smoked crack and was violent towards the kids and I. the police picked us up when he was gone to get drugs, they dropped us off at a safehouse and he started calling there so they moved us further away. Then he was calling there. After we left he was convicted of trafficking and has served almost 2 years of a 5 year sentence. Th kids and I have been living in another state and aredoing well. I will have full custody but what can I expect will happen about visitation? He is up for parole in April of 2009. Thank you.
    blindmender Posts: 2, Reputation: -3

Dec 31, 2008, 09:11 PM

It depends on what State's that you are talking about. It should be spelled out in your divorce decree. (mine was) I believe that your Lawyer will be the most helpful person with that question.

Dec 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Thanks for answering
    I have full custodybut he still has to send the papers back it has not gone through the couts yet because he didn't get it noterized, he is in ky and we are in va and the child is 13 and turns 14 in may but the papers say I have full custody with visitations to be agreed upon by the parties

Dec 31, 2008, 09:20 PM
    New at this asked another question to try and tell u more about the cituation. Lol
    blindmender Posts: 2, Reputation: -3

Dec 31, 2008, 09:35 PM

All I can tell you is that here in Ohio, you can have supervised visitation, meaning that some one else, (a third party) will be present at their visitations. I hope that helps.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmevans View Post
    hello, i am divorcing a husband of 17 years and i have been physically separated from him almost 3 years. he was a drug abuser..pot pills cocaine and smoked crack and was violent towards the kids and i. the police picked us up when he was gone to get drugs, they dropped us off at a safehouse and he started calling there so they moved us further away. then hewas calling there. after we left he was convicted of trafficing and has served almost 2 years of a 5 year sentance. th kids and i havebeen living in another state and aredoing well. i will have full custody but what can i expect will happen about visitation? he is up for parole in april of 2009. thank you.

If your divorce is already going through the Court system - if you have an Index Number - then this should be covered as part of the divorce, part of the Order or Judgment.

If not - you need to request the Court for supervised visitation (visitation in the presence of a neutral, third party) or no visitation or whatever you think is best for your children BUT you will need to prove he is a danger to your children in order to get that type of relief.

I would get an Attorney now or go to your local Family Court (which is remarkably user friendly) and begin the process yourself.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2009, 07:14 AM

It sounds like the divorce decree postponed visitation for a later date or left it for you to mutually agree on. That means you can specify supervised visits and if he doesn't agree then he will have to go to court to get something different. At the hearing you can make your case for supervised visits. With his record I think the courts will agree to that and least until he proves he is rehabilitated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive father and child visitaion. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I have a serious question and I just want everyone's advice. I left my ex about 3 years ago right after our daughter was born. He was extremely abusive, even in front of and around his other daughter. I haven't heard from him in 2 years, but then the county took him to court for child...

Bedroom worries [ 10 Answers ]

OK, so me and my boyfriend have been going out for a while now and he just doesn't seem interested in bed. He says he loves me but I literally have to beg for it. The only time this as happened before is when I've been cheated on. I love him more than anything and it hurts to think its possible but...

I have some worries about me and my girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

k, she lives in Nevada, I live in australia, she is such a wonderful person A few issues 1st- I think she may be having doubts about whether I love her.. coz she asked "baby do you love me?" and the way it was phrased worries me... 2nd- I adore her, I love her... but I don't feel happy about...

Apt worries. [ 3 Answers ]

I just signed a year's lease on a apartment... Now I'm starting to have cold feet. The apartment is not what I expected it to be, there are repairs that need to be made so forth and so on.. I haven't moved yet... So my question is... do I have any rights to gain my money back?

Visitaion rights [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering my son is 2 years old and when we went to court for a dna test it was proven t was his and the first court hearing was only child support they told him to request another hearing for custoday or visitation but it would cost him more money and he never took us back now its been 2...

View more questions Search