Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suboxone scam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Suboxone Doctor's scam in MA
    Hello everyone, If you clicked on this link you or a loved one must have the same questions as I do about Doctors only excepting cash for Suboxone treatment..

First off, I have Mass Health insurance wich refers you to these doctors... The insurance company pays for the office visit 100% and the doctors do run your card when you come in for an appointment. The insurance company also pays for my perscription with a small co-pay of $4..

So why is that I had to pay $300 to the doctor for the first visit and $150 a month after that. But there is the problem the doctor will not accept credit cards, checks or even money orders and will NOT give you any type of recipt.. If you ask for a recipt she will said sure not problem but she will change the subject and you will never see it... or she will say next time..

The problem is Suboxone is a drug for Opiett addition.. from perocet, vicodan, methidone, heroin, oxycodone.. but is all so very addicting.. but is supposed to be easier to get off.. but without it you can have seizures or even die.. So the patient is at there mercy..

When you ask why are they doing this all the doctors say" All the money that you spent on drugs in the past" or" all the money your saving from not spending it on the street". You can't pay for your treatment? After all the damage you did..

So the people that would see a Doctors like this for treatment would be considered a DRUG ADDICT.. When you go into the office and the office is open till 11:30 at night not normal hours for a doctor appointment.. and the place is packed.. It not all drug addict type people that you see on TV... It's people from all walks for life...

If you call any doctor that prescribes suboxone they will all tell you the same thing..
    They need your insurance card and CASH only!!

Is this Legal ? Please help the people that that are trying to get there lives back..
    jagporter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by suboxone scam View Post
    Hello everyone, If you clicked on this link you or a loved one must have the same questions as I do about Doctors only excepting cash for Suboxone treatment..

First off, I have Mass Health insurance wich refers you to these doctors... The insurance company pays for the office visit 100% and the doctors do run your card when you come in for an appointment. The insurance company also pays for my perscription with a small co-pay of $4 ..

So why is that I had to pay $300 to the doctor for the first visit and $150 a month after that. but there is the problem the doctor will not accept credit cards, checks or even money orders and will NOT give you any type of recipt.. If you ask for a recipt she will said sure not problem but she will change the subject and you will never see it...or she will say next time..

The problem is Suboxone is a drug for Opiett addition.. from perocet, vicodan, methidone, heroin, oxycodone.. but is all so very addicting.. but is suposed to be easier to get off of..but without it you can have seizures or even die.. So the patient is at there mercy..

When you ask why are they doing this all the doctors say" All the money that you spent on drugs in the past" or" all the money your saving from not spending it on the street". You can't pay for your treatment? After all the damage you did..

So the people that would see a Doctors like this for treatment would be concidered a DRUG ADDICT.. When you go into the office and the office is open till 11:30 at night not normal hours for a doctor appointment.. and the place is packed.. It not all drug addict type people that you see on TV... It's people from all walks for life...

If you call any doctor that prescribes suboxone they will all tell you the same thing..
    They need your insurance card and CASH only!!!!!!

Is this Legal ? Please help the people that that are trying to get there lives back..
    Hi. I just joined this site today which is why I didn’t respond sooner. I hope this information is helpful.
    The Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the government agency that oversees Buprenorphine (and other drugs used for substance abuse treatment). Their website could be helpful to you in locating a doctor who is licensed to prescribe Buprenorphine legally. My guess would be that your current doctor is not, or if she is, she is not following the rules. The SAMHSA web site will not only give you information about the drug itself, it will also give you a list of doctor and/or treatment centers in your area that are licensed. The link to the web site is”
    Buprenorphine Physician and Treatment Program Locator
    I hope this is helpful…I will certainly check back to see if you have any other questions.
    LeeLa120 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 07:50 PM

I go to a doctor's office that charges 300 for the first visit and 150 every 2 weeks. If u have a dirty urine, u start over at 300. This is a total rip off. U can buy suboxone cheaper in the streets. This doctor is a psych doc as well. I see him for psych, but I see all the patients that come in. I believe the reason he does not accept insurance is that he is WAY over limit on the amount of patients he is supposed to be seeing. It was just on the news the other night in MA. The DEA is going to start cracking down on these doctors as they should!
    wcoffren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 01:07 PM
    You cannot die from opiate withdrawals. I am in a program in Northampton that is a legimate Suboxone Program. The clinic is On-Call Ugent Care. Call them up and ask them for the details. It's been wonderful for me thusfar.
    the_girl1225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Umm.. don't you think that the reason they accept only cash is because they see a bunch of drug addicts? People who regularly bounce checks and give back credit cards? I mean, not EVERY addict is going to do this, but the chances of it happening are much MUCH higher in that type of work. Yes, going to treatment is the first step, but not everyone that goes to treatment is ready for it.

I pay my doc $100 a month and he does not accept insurance BUT if you have insurance that takes out of network docs you will get reimbursed.. So its not THEIR fault your insurance doesn't take out of network docs. You can easily submit your own claims. Oh, when the doctors DO accept insurance,they are at the mercy of the insurance companies. Ins. Companies can actually tell a doctor that they feel that YOU (the patient) doesn't need that type of treatment and would do just fine with some other med. They can tell the doc how long they will cover you and how often you will see the doc. Ins. Companies do NOT support suboxone treatment yet, so docs are going "rogue" and telling patients to submit their own claims so they don't have to deal with it.

As for the cost, to me its well worth it. I don't care if the doc is pocketing the money - he's helping me and I'm spending less on this than on the other crap.
    shaksy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Why should doctors only accept cash if you're a drug addict with INSURANCE? That doesn't make sense? They must think you have all this money since you're an addict and that's just not true. So, people that need help can't get it!
    Bella120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by the_girl1225 View Post
    Umm.. dont you think that the reason they accept only cash is because they see a bunch of drug addicts? People who regularly bounce checks and give back credit cards?? I mean, not EVERY addict is going to do this, but the chances of it happening are much MUCH higher in that type of work. Yes, going to treatment is the first step, but not everyone that goes to treatment is ready for it.

I pay my doc $100 a month and he does not accept insurance BUT if you have insurance that takes out of network docs you will get reimbursed.. So its not THEIR fault your insurance doesnt take out of network docs. You can easily submit your own claims. Oh, when the doctors DO accept insurance,they are at the mercy of the insurance companies. Ins. companies can actually tell a doctor that they feel that YOU (the patient) doesnt need that type of treatment and would do just fine with some other med. They can tell the doc how long they will cover you and how often you will see the doc. Ins. companies do NOT support suboxone treatment yet, so docs are going "rogue" and telling patients to submit their own claims so they dont have to deal with it.

As for the cost, to me its well worth it. I dont care if the doc is pocketing the money - he's helping me and i'm spending less on this than on the other crap.

First of all your stating you only pay $100 a month, which is a reasonable price. Other patients are going to doctors who charge $300 for the first visit and $150 every TWO weeks! If u don't think that's a scam then something is wrong with your way of thinking. You also state that they shouldn't accept checks and credit cards because they're dealing with drug addicts, how about EX drug addicts. I understand not accepting a check, but a credit card is ran through rite then and there and its either approved or not. As far as the insurance comment goes, you get pre approval before going to the doctor. So NO that would not be a problem either. And to not get a receipt stating that you paid is just shady!

Maybe you need to get your facts straight before coming on here and talking down about people who don't want to be scammed by a doctor. Doctor's are supposed to help you, not make your situation worse. Most of these people have to skip going to such an expensive doctor and buy the Suboxone on the streets rather than pay such steep prices by these doctors who are just making their pockets fat. :mad:
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 06:55 AM

This thread is TWO years old,please check the dates when posting.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to dispute doctor's bill [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I took my son for vision exam. The appointment lasts 5 min, doctor just checked his vision using the chart on the wall. Later we received $185 bill for COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM!! The same thing happened to my friends and their children, $185 for 5 min exam! This is a complete fraud!...

Alternate to suboxone? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 60 years old. I was on oxy (percocet) for years until I retired from drywall construction. I am now on suboxone, but every time I stop taking it, I feel like death. It's much, much worse than stopping the oxycodone. I now live in Costa Rica, which has no suboxone anywhere. I get mine off the...

Mad at doctor's office! [ 8 Answers ]

Well, I have waiting 2 months so far for my mammogram. This is getting ridiculous! I went in after I found it in October, they told me to come back after a menstrual cycle. The lump was still there, so they recommended a mammogram. I go to the free clinic since I don't have insurance. The...

Is glutathione safe without doctor's prescription? [ 1 Answers ]

hi may i ask if i can take gluta or metathione without a dermatologist's prescription..thanks a lot :)

Doctor's Bill [ 3 Answers ]

Last spring, I had a toothache and went to a dentist for evaluation. The finding was that a wisdom tooth was impacting a back molar and the wisdom tooth needed to be pulled while the molar needed to have a root canal and capped. The dentist forwarded me on to an oral surgeon who was outside of...

View more questions Search