Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jttwister Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Riding mower blues
    Got mower fixed.run great.but my new battery kept going dead after a few days.now won't do nothing.ahh blown fuse.cranked:ran for 10 seconds.blew a 15 amp fuse.replaced again .turned key.instant pop.now I'm lost.can anyone help?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:03 AM

Who ever fixed what might have a wire wrong. (Blown fuse) starter ignition wire may be getting shorted or to hot . A bad ign. Switch ( the key part)can cause the same problem you have. Check back of Ign. Switch and look for melted or burnt also smell switch for a hot smell. I suspect the switch because when you sut it off and if its not really shutting off, it will drain the battery 'power drain"
    See if that 15 amp fuse is from ign wires or to solenoid and starter wire. Look for a pinched wire or a cracked or bare wire. Check these things. What did the shop do or fix that would be a GREAT help here maybe for info detail

Signed 21 boat

If I helped to answer your question please rate my answer
    jttwister Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Who ever fixed what might have a wire wrong. (Blown fuse) starter ignition wire may be getting shorted or to hot . A bad ign. switch ( the key part)can cause the same problem you have. Check back of Ign. Switch and look for melted or burnt also smell switch for a hot smell. I suspect the switch because when you sut it off and if its not really shutting off, it will drain the battery 'power drain"
    See if that 15 amp fuse is from ign wires or to solenoid and starter wire. look for a pinched wire or a cracked or bare wire. Check these things. What did the shop do or fix that would be a GREAT help here maybe for info detail

Signed 21 boat

If I helped to answer your question please rate my answer
    It ran perfect the first 3 weeks,I put all new wiring on it but all of a sudden it just started blowing fuses.now all I have to do is just turn te key and fuse blows.just bought new ign. Switch,new solonoid,
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 11:51 PM

But that how all things break Just start up a car and drive out the driveway. One day I started the dump and turned the switch and all mt ignition wires melted with switch.

I still didn't hear about "got mower fixed put in new battery" What was "fixed" What was "I put all New wiring on it" Why and what got all new wiring? Was the 'All new wiring the right gauger to match old? If not a new under Gage wire took some time to run hot and then got weaker and drew more amps (fuse blown) Or wire insulation was slowly cooked of and now a dead short> (fuse blown) To help you more I need more detailed info please>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding lawn mower to riding go-cart [ 6 Answers ]

I want to convert a riding mower, with a bad engine, to some type of riding go-cart. I'll probably put some type of small engine it it for power, but want something the kids can creep around the yard with. Any ideas? Thanks, G

2005 Huskee riding mower PTO won't engage and mower dies [ 12 Answers ]

Replaced battery with new one, within several starts the new battery was drained. Mower will start by jumping but only runs a few minutes then dies, also the PTO will not engage at all (replaced PTO switch and still won't engage) does not even attempt to engage, as if there is no power to the...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

How do I change the mower belt on a Craftsman LT2000 Riding Mower? [ 1 Answers ]

My belt broke that operates the mower blades... How do I remove the cutting deck and replace the belt?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search