Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garbun01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Neighbours living below me
    Hi,

It states in my lease agreement that if neighbours below me complain of noise I have to lay down a carpet. I have lived here for 5 years and have never had a complaint but new neighbours have recently moved in donwstairs and have requested I lay one down. If I do not comply what are the consequences- can they have me thrown out (I own the property) or can they only enforce the rule if they buy me out of my flat?

Thanks
    Gareth
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by garbun01 View Post
    Hi,

It states in my lease agreement that if neighbours below me complain of noise i have to lay down a carpet. I have lived here for 5 years and have never had a complaint but new neighbours have recently moved in donwstairs and have requested i lay one down. If I do not comply what are the consequences- can they have me thrown out (i own the property) or can they only enforce the rule if they buy me out of my flat?

Thanks
    Gareth

Are you in the UK - ?

If you have an agreement/contract to put down carpeting if the neighbors complain of noise, now that they have complained that is what you have to do.

Without seeing your actual contract or agreement it is impossible to know what the legal ramifications would be if you don't abide by the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I write in a sympathy card to neighbours I don't know [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Our neighbours across the road from us just recently lost their 19 year old son in a car accident and although we don't know them, it has really affected my husband and I in a big way and we would like to send them a sympathy card but are unsure of what to write. The only thing I can think of...

My neighbours threatened to go to the council? [ 3 Answers ]

I posted a bulletin on here asking for help about my puppy digging && finally he has slowed down how much he digs && has been pretty good lately not trying to get out or dig but sometimes when I'm not home I have to have him on the lead so he dsnt get out (my house is next to a main road) and get...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Help me get my neighbours out before I lose it [ 7 Answers ]

My neighbour keeps phoning the police on me for noice when she's the one making all of it banging slamming till 3 4 in the morning dog barking all night her partner punched my partner as he was being nice and telling him not to get in the car drunk as he will kill himself we have a sofa if your...

Nuisance Neighbours [ 9 Answers ]

When I first moved here in May 2002 I was approached by my neighbour. Rather than welcome me into the neighbourhood she started laying down the law to me about the grass area at the front of the house. I found that to be quite unwelcoming then, as I was still moving in and was not quite settled...

View more questions Search