Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabbakahut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Water in Furnace pump?
    Remodeling my home. Currently sleeping in the basement, I awoke around midnight because the furnace was making an unusual noise. It's a forced air, gas system. I turned it off and took off the panels for inspection. It's a Lennox that is only about 6 years old.

There is a air pump(?) that is connected to the condensation drain and the PVC pipes that exit the roof. I assume that this isn't the blower (it seems a bit small and it's connected to the aforementioned roof exhaust and intake).

It sounds like this smaller blower has water in it. When I turn the system on and this pump turns on-it is the source of the noise. When it's winding down I can actually hear the water sloshing around in there. I thought that there might be a clog-preventing the draining of the condensate water? So I removed the easy to get to lines and drained and cleaned them (they were a little dirty). I thought that would fix it, but the was still doesn't seem to be coming out.

We've had some really cool and wet weather recently. I'm guessing the next step would be to remove this pump entirely for inspection? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 03:54 PM

If need be,, yes remove the inducer motor housing and drain all water, it shouldn`t be there,while you have it off is a good time to double check the drain a make sure the complete system isn`t stopped up, and make sure the drain is all down hill from start to finish

Would be a great help anytime you are writing about any question to include the make and model number of your equipment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker for underground water pump trips when a large volume of water is used [ 2 Answers ]

The breaker for the pump trips when the washer fills. Washer repair person said it is not the washer and pump repair person said the pump is working correctly. Breaker does not trip every time. Could it be a bad breaker?

DMAND Water Pump with Tankless Water Heater [ 9 Answers ]

Thinking of purchasing a DMAND water pump which, supposedly, will bring hot water to my faucet 3-5 times faster than it does now. Right now, it takes about 90 seconds of running the faucet to get hot water to my kitchen sink. Does anybody out there know how well this system works with a tankless...

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

Beckett oil furnace pump [ 3 Answers ]

How would I jump the pump so it will long enough for me to prime it?

Heat Pump? A/C? New Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

A/C died over the weekend. Repair guy checked the system and found "the compressor seemed to be drawing high AMPs". Replaced a blown fuse and then quoted me $4800 for a whole new system. Quoted Armana Distinctions 70,000 BTU 95% furnace, 2.5 ton 13 seer condenser, coil and pump. Figured that I...

View more questions Search