Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fro66y_974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
    How do I sighn over my parental rights?
    I live in GA and am facing child support court, I am 3000 behind, but it is not court ordered yet, it is through child support recovery now. I never get to see my daughter because her mother wants me back, and I don't want to be with her. She didn't let me have anything to do with her from birth, but she expects child support, I want to know how to get paperwork filed to sign over my parental rights.
    jfredifer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 12:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation but I've sort of been on the other side of this one.
    I am in NC and I know the laws are not the same in every state. My FOB (father of baby) tried to sign over his rights and we had to go to court. There are certain things that I had to prove, ie; abandonment, no support etc. I was told by the judge that he would not be released from his parental rights because the court would not bastardize my son. Also the state would not have anyone to go after if we had to go on welfare. The only way they would release my FOB was if my son was to be adopted.
    Anyway, the court order stands like this... I have full custody, he has to pay child support and he has no visitation.
    Visitation is another court battle... he took me to court to insist on visitation, I told the judge that he would not comply with it, they told me basically to let him prove it. An order was established. He was order to visit supervised to get to know the child. And when he didn't follow the courts instructions exactly, it really made the judge mad, and they revoked his privilege to see my son. It has been 10 years since the FOB has seen my son (this all happened when he was younger than one)
    Basically I would suggest you get a lawyer right away. I know mine let me make payments.
    If you want to see the child then fight for him, you don't have to see the ex to do that. You could even meet on the court house steps for the hand off.
    If you don't then I would fight for that just as hard. If it hasn't gone to court yet, I would be the first to move on this and stop thing in there tracks before it does get out of hand.

Well there's my two cents worth... hope it give you some insight

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sighn my rights as a parent over? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I sighn my parental rights over?

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

If I give up my parental rights to a child that is mine but have never met and cannot see, do I have to pay child support?

Parental rights in VA [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 now, she was born in VA. Her father was not present at the time of birth and only claimed his child after a paternity test I paid for. His name is not on the birth certififcate but we have been amicable for the past 4 years. Our current "agreement" verbally only, nothing legal,...

Is bleeding a sighn of being pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I just started birthcontrol about 9 days after I had sex, than 3 days after I had sex I started bleed like a normal period and if I was not on birthcontrol my period would be at that time. It lasted a little longer than a normal period about 8 days. Than about two days before I was on the...

View more questions Search