Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 15, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    new quote for the sig line. funny stuff.

**edited... crapola... i can't add any more lines for my sig... stoopid bandwidth... id have to dump "Starby: "I'z mite b ya babyz muma!!"... and im not emotionally ready to do that.**
    You can't break up with me!! :( I'll throw myself down a flight of stairs... I swear! I'll hold my breath till I turn blue! I won't let you do it! ::sniff:: Don't youz lub me no mores?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 09:45 AM

What happened to your sig about pooping butterflies Starby? I liked that one, now I'm sad, no more poo butterflies. :(
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 15, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    What happened to your sig about pooping butterflies Starby? I liked that one, now I'm sad, no more poo butterflies. :(
    I was just going to change it! I don't know what happened. It wouldn't accept it for some reason. It kept on telling me I could only have 6 lines... but I didn't have more than 6 lines. I was tired, so I just left it. :rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 09:50 AM

The spaces count as lines Starby, so double spacing like you did means that you did use 6 lines. Single space and it should work, I think. Ben? Ben? Am I right? Help! :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 09:54 AM

Weird... I have WAY more than six lines...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 15, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Weird.... I have WAY more than six lines....
    I know Chicky! I used to have more too! I don't know what's up with that?
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hmmm, that's true. Weird. Ben? Any help? Ben? Tal? Anyone? Someone? We need answers! :eek:
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 10:07 AM

It's a conspiracy! :)
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:08 AM

That's it, that's what it is. Must be. Maybe you're special HC, you get more than the rest of us. I'm going to try and add some more to my sig, see what happens. I'll be back. :)
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:14 AM

Nope, I couldn't do it. Only 6 lines allowed. Maybe it's a new thing.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Don't youz lub me no mores?
    First... I neva was going to dump da old won... was guna xchang them.

And now... crap twice and flush thrice!. you left me with yet another to ponder... lub me no mores...

I can't evict linny. Nor alty. Nor synn.

Maybe chi-mama gets to boot? She didn't like my calling her "honey" but she's a solid girl, even if she isn't willing to play with me.

Hmm... I guess synn could be just one line... alty gets props for effort and cuteness all around (plus she's primed all the time... love that little pent up girl), and linny, well she just rocks the casbah. Heaven help us all if she returns to her home continent anytime soon.

Damnit... confused and conflicted. As usual.
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:23 AM

alty gets props for effort and cuteness all around (plus she's primed all the time... love that little pent up girl)
    Muwah (that's a kiss) right back at you KP. :)

You could dump my "double dog dare" I don't mind, I'm not a jealous girl, I can share. ;)
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Muwah (that's a kiss) right back at you KP. ;)
    You don't know how much I enjoyed that virtual kiss.

Could use a kiss today. Would help if your shirt was off and skin on skin... just saying...
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    you dont know how much i enjoyed that virtual kiss.

could use a kiss today. would help if your shirt was off and skin on skin... just saying...
    But, my shirt is off, I thought you knew. :D
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 10:50 AM
    That's it... I'm getting a room...
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 10:55 AM

I've been a bad girl, send me to your room. :D

Oops, we really are bad, Tal's going to come out of his cave and kick our butts! ;)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Wow, I'm impressed. Impressed that you did it, but even more impressed that I understood it. Yay me! :)

I can't do it. Is there a translator I can download? :eek:

And while we're on the subject - I don't understand the use of "stay" in place of "live." I ask where a person lives and get a blank stare. Where do you stay, that they understand.

And when did the word youse come into practice? I've come to understand it's the plural of you. For example, if I'm alone, "What do you want?" If I'm with a partner, it's "What do youse want?"

Text speak - I have no idea but I find the English (or semi-English) language is becoming more and more confusing.

And then there's the whole "my sister on my father's side, my sister on my mother's side" confusion.
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 11:18 AM

My sister on my mothers side? Huh? Doesn't that still mean she's your sister? Wow, this world is too darn confusing.

You're right Judy, the english language is being lost in translation. ;)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 11:34 AM

Why? It seems like some teens don't know how to communicate any other way.

I personally find it annoying but I would not refuse a question simply because some one posted it in an improper manner.
    How do you differentiate between chat speak and just poor grammar and spelling?

Maybe English is someone's second language , you would not want to be considered prejudicial ,would you?

I do appreciate the concept in theory but what are you going to do if someone with a very serious problem logs on and asks for help in chat speak?
    Pets Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 11:40 AM

Artlady, I understand what you're saying, but, really, I wouldn't be able to help that person because I really don't understand chat speak. I can't get my head around it, they might as well be writing in a foreign language because that's what it amounts to for me.

Most times, when someone posts and english is their second language, I can tell, and I do make an effort to understand what they are writing, but chat speak is often just laziness, not the inability to write complete words in complete sentences. Most times, when asked, the person using chat speak can come back and write in proper english.

I usually ask them to re-write their post, if they can't or are unwilling, well, hopefully someone who can understand the post will come along and help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No chat speak, no text talk! [ 0 Answers ]

Chat speak, and text talk, will be deleted, so at least try to make sense. :D In the interest of understanding, please refrain from chat/text, and spell check your posts. If they are really that bad, they are subject to being deleted. Thanks all, and enjoy.

View more questions Search