Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Dec 28, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Scared from my College life
    Hi I'm 18 years old and I spent hard year in another country far awar from my home land and now I'm leaving to another place far away little bit to start my college trip , I'm so scared that I'm going to fail because of thinking of my home land and my little brothers and sisters also and my home land I don't call them! U know why ? If I do and hang up the phone when I finishe talking with them my heart move and I start crying and thinking about them and I'm too scared to forget my college works because of them I love them so much they always ask me when I come back and they miss me those kind of words they break my heart and I get depress about it so I didn't call them for long time I call my father only but he always ask me to call them but I don't ? I'm so scared that I'm going to fail my first start of college because of it?? Please help ?
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 29, 2008, 04:52 AM

The way you think shows that you don't want to make a career, you don't have any aim for yourself. Is it correct?
    If its not then you must be the first person I know who cares more about the people, country, friends.. then your career.
    If your parents or friends ask you to leave everything and come back home, would you be doing that?
    Always think in one direction, and right now its your studies and career. Friends and parents will be there all your life, no one is going to leave u OK. But if you leave your studies and don't care about it then, you know the result.
    Everybody is born in this world for a reason, it'll be good for you if u find out the reason for you to be in this world before it gets late.
    And trust me, you are not going to fail. Reason, you care about getting failed, so there's no point of thinking about it.
    Be cool, talk to your parents or friends when ever you feel like, you need to be strong enough to fight this world.
    I'll tell you one fact: It takes 21 days to get into an habit if you follow that rule or thing for 21 days properly. Trust me on this.
    Take care and get back to me if you find trouble with life.

Dec 29, 2008, 05:21 AM

Shatirya I don't know how to thank you your wordst full of energy thanks I saw tears in my eyes , u know when you having good life with the people you love and suddenly changes I couldn't adept with that but about your advice of 21 days it's sound magic I will follow it give me example to do it to change my habit
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 29, 2008, 06:43 AM

First of all stop thinking about the life you had with your parents and friends, stop reminding yourself all the time that how you enjoyed every moment with them. Its good that you remember them well but not all the time. Focus on your studies and career. And no need to talk to your parents daily. Talk to to them weekly or when ever you feel like. Make yourself strong. Your family is not running away from u, OK.
    I hope u'll do really good in your academics and score good marks. Have a good future. Study religiously.

Take care.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 12:06 PM

Some students have bouts of "homesickness" when they go away to college. It is a powerful emotion. In order to progress to the next stage of life, a student must overcome and focus on studies and making a couple of new friends. :)

Best wishes to you,

Dec 29, 2008, 11:06 PM

Thank you CHOUX you are right 100% I will do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I jealous/ paranoid or what.Scared to go for it in life.but why? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I post this in a real state of confusion. I have no idea what goes on in my head sometimes and I struggle to understand it all. I am 25 years old and I don't understand why I have such a reserved, shy, conservative personality. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, although I just...

College Life [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in my first week of college and I'm just really feeling unstable. I miss my family a lot, but it's mostly cause I'm anxious because I feel like I won't get to spend time with them at all anymore, like I'm not supposed to. I've made some new friends, but I went to school with them... but they're...

I have a sick baby Cat and I'm scared for her LIFE! [ 2 Answers ]

:( I have a baby kitten name Destiny that's very playful, hipper, and has a strong appetite. But today she woke up and I tried to feed and play with her but she doesn't want to eat or drink nothing and she's not playing at ALL. She just keeps laying around and sleeping. I'm very worried about her...

Scared of college! Looking to start online [ 5 Answers ]

As some of you know I am in Afghanistan working with the US military. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I really want to get a better education. I am 24, almost 25. Have taken one college class and well really I am scared of college! It was never something my parents talked about or...

View more questions Search