Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdowd08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Urinating in home, and excessive licking
    We have three dogs. 2 boxers 1 male and 1 female, 1 male toy fox. The two male dogs are both fixed, but continue to pee all over the house. We also were given couches from friends that had pets, and they pee on the couches. They have access outside through doggy doors. Don't know what to do. They pee all over our house. The youngest and biggest dog also has an excessive licking problem, he licks and licks and licks> any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Dec 29, 2008, 05:49 AM

The urinating is a leadership issue. You need to become the leader in your home so that the dogs will begin to respect you and YOUR home. It will take consistency and a lot of work, but trust me - it will be worth it! I recommend buying or renting some of Cesar Milan's videos or books, and here is some great information on becoming the top dog in your home, Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position, Letting your dog know you are the boss
    I would consider crating when you are not home. It is nearly impossible to correct a behavior if you are not there when the behavior occurs.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 29, 2008, 07:01 AM

It does sound like all of your dogs have a lack of leadership. Your dog that is constantly licking has likely got nervous energy, and is using excessive licking as a way to release his pent up energy, and has become obsessed with this.

Most of these things can be fixed easily if you know how to establish the role of packleader, and provide them with rules, boundaries, and limitations. Also they need adequate exersise. If you don't do the work, it will be difficult to fix the problems.

Actually, I just saw that Cesar Millan's website has got a great deal on right now, until Dec. 31, for online videos. Might be worth checking out for anyone interested in correcting your dogs behaviour, or just to have a happy dog period! There is also a free newletter you can sign up for that is really good.

Here's the link.
    Welcome to Cesar Millan's Official Web Site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doberman puppy Excessive Excessive biting. [ 9 Answers ]

I have read through all the other excessive biting posts.. I have a 3 month old female doberman puppy.. she BITES.. it might sound so simple, but its not.. I have scratch marks all over my legs and hands.. she has teeth an inch long and razor sharp.. It punctured by thumb today morn and I...

Dog licking [ 2 Answers ]

My dog recently started licking everything. He licks the sofa, the bed, our skin, the carpet. We have had him for 8 years and he has always been the perfect dog. We are just curious. Just for your info, he recently had a check up and was diagnosed with heart murmur, and also never urinated in...

Licking pup [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is a litte over a year old. It's a yorkshire terrior and he licks the floors and the doors.. and also he bites on the doors... does anyone no why?

Licking [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 10 Month Old Puppy .her Problem Is Licking People .how Can I Break This Habit?

Cats urinating in new home [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I discovered my male cat urinating in my closet a few days ago... I have been watching him and checking the litter box often to see if he is going in there (which he is). My husband and I just moved into a new house that we built about 35 days ago. So, I was thinking that this is the issue. ...

View more questions Search